+124

Music is so much better when it isn't written to be a big hit, or a party song. Music that is raw and from the heart will forever be the best.

Witty_sobs avatar Music
1 8

tell me about it. i know gangnam style and the like are not supposed to be taken seriously, but the amount of attention and revenue generated is serious. there's a new gagnam style song right now called "one pound fish" that'll probably go viral... oh wait it already has. it's a little disappointing that this stuff overshadows the truly amazing talent out there.

@justaguy tell me about it. i know gangnam style and the like are not supposed to be taken seriously, but the amount of...

All right, I will disagree with this, only because I think that great stuff will always be great whether it gets attention or not. It it my belief that if you can help one or two people, then it doesn't matter how many people know that. I understand that some people want their voices to be heard...but I just can't relate to it.

@Cocaia12912 All right, I will disagree with this, only because I think that great stuff will always be great whether it gets...

i'm not alluding that because something gets attention means it's good or bad. i have no idea what the rest of your post is trying to say.

@justaguy i'm not alluding that because something gets attention means it's good or bad. i have no idea what the rest of your...

"It's a little disappointing that this stuff overshadows the truly amazing talent out there."

I don't think it is, because the truly amazing stuff is still truly amazing to the people who know about it and love it. It is not, however, a necessity to listen to that music, so in my opinion it's no real tragedy that so few people know about it. If they cared about finding better music, they would seek it out.

@Cocaia12912 "It's a little disappointing that this stuff overshadows the truly amazing talent out there." I don't think it is...

ok now i get what you're saying. my dad said something like this to me once actually. i showed him this video and i was getting excited and saying "why don't people go for this instead of all the other crap". ----good reply, cocaia.

i still think that music written from the heart is best though. it truly is genuine and any person who knows good music can feel that.

@justaguy ok now i get what you're saying. my dad said something like this to me once actually. i showed him this video and i...

Thanks, I'm glad I was able to express my point more clearly. It's also important to understand, however, that not all artists that are considered 'real' will impact everyone, in part because everyone has different issues. For example, I'm not going to get anything out of a song about drug addiction because I've never had such an experience. If the artist wrote that song off of a personal experience and is able to reach out to others who are struggling, then I think that's great. But when you haven't gone through what someone else is going through, then it makes it harder to feel AS real a connection towards them...does that make sense?

Also, I truly would have listened to that song, but unfortunately it's "not available my country." :P

tjhis is why the old stuff is better in quality than this new crap they make