VicZincs avatar Science
2 31
The voters have decided that VicZinc is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I know that one animal is so close
like 99.9% genetically I think

so close to the point that we could get blood transfusions between us and them

but just that .01% difference is a pretty big deal
the fact that that miniscule percentage makes such a big difference amazes me

nature and the way it's been created/structured is just amazing period

@fuzala I know that one animal is so close like 99.9% genetically I think so close to the point that we could get blood...

Pigs are vary close and often used of organ transplants. Cannibal meat is referred to as long pig. I often wondered if some people who shun pork do so for this reason. It would be like eating monkey.

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Yeah You Are -1Reply
@fuzala oh I didn't even know that that could be one reason people have several others too

We are off topic but I know some religions do not consume pig flesh and of course vegetarians. I was never clear on why the kosher and halal diets (for example) forbid it.

@VicZinc We are off topic but I know some religions do not consume pig flesh and of course vegetarians. I was never clear...

I think there are sects in Hinduism and Christianity (and other religions) that forbid it too

other reasons are that, overall, porcine has higher health risks in comparison to the other red meats

@fuzala I think there are sects in Hinduism and Christianity (and other religions) that forbid it too other reasons are...

That is the nail as far as I can tell. It is perceived by many to be less healthful.

@VicZinc That is the nail as far as I can tell. It is perceived by many to be less healthful.

and of course
there are the vegetarians/vegan as you said

and people with a pet pig may be very against eating pork because they have such a special affinity towards their pet that they don't to eat any of their family members

and pigs are very filthy in nature
they're poo poo eaters I think think smilie

they're still cute though
and I hate when people treat them so cruelly

@fuzala and pigs are very filthy in nature they're poo poo eaters I think they're still cute though and I hate...

Pigs are very intelligent, (smarter than any other farm animal) they are also very clean animals in nature, they will have dirt baths if they don't have access to shade to stop themselves getting sunburnt but generally they like to stay clean. They will only eat feces if there is nothing else to eat. It's humans that force them into filthy conditions that is not their natural behaviour.

@SpearmintMilk Pigs are very intelligent, (smarter than any other farm animal) they are also very clean animals in nature, they...

mud is filth though
they don't sweat so they need the mud to cool off
the whole sweating like a pig thing is completely off

I'm not saying it's wrong for them to do that
it's what they're supposed to do

I don't think they should be kept it sties where they're forced to live in their own feces
and I was wrong about the poo poo eater thing
when I assumed it was the norm for them

but because they are forced to eat their feces from their horrid living conditions
it makes them even more unhealthy for consumption

I never made the mistake of calling pigs dumb though

@fuzala mud is filth though they don't sweat so they need the mud to cool off the whole sweating like a pig thing is...

They do sweat, just not enough to keep them cool enough. It's not filthy though, I mean even humans do it, so do other animals like horses, chickens, cats and elephants. I know it sounds weird but there is "clean" dirt, like clay for example. I don't eat pork but the reason is not because they are unclean and it is a horrible myth that needs to be ended

@SpearmintMilk They do sweat, just not enough to keep them cool enough. It's not filthy though, I mean even humans do it, so do...

I need to learn more about pigs

I get what you mean by clean dirt

but those mud baths people take
aren't they really filthy and stank?

@VicZinc Pigs are vary close and often used of organ transplants. Cannibal meat is referred to as long pig. I often...

Well, I don't know about that but I know I don't eat the pig because the pig eats too much garbage and junk, and that would be going into my body. Did you know that a pig is so filthy that he will eat a poisonous snake and not die? That means he would probably have poison still in him, and whoever eats the pig who ate the poison will probably be sick and/or die.

@BlindMist Well, I don't know about that but I know I don't eat the pig because the pig eats too much garbage and junk, and...

I'm sorry, but you seem to be extremely misinformed about things.

"Pigs eat too much garbage and junk" They eat the same exact feed stock the other animals do. And what makes you think all the synthetic processed crap you eat is any better than what pigs eat? It's actually been hypothesized that human meat would be toxic because of all the crap we eat.

"A pig is so filthy that he will eat a poisonous snake and not die" Immunity to venom has literally nothing to do with cleanliness. Certain chemicals affect certain animals in certain ways. For example, NMDA receptor antagonists can cause vacuoles known as Olney's Lesions in the brains of rodents; however no such lesions have ever been documented in primates, and NMDA receptor antagonists are used commonly in medicine. The biggest point I wanted to make is that snakes are not poisonous, they are venomous. Venom and poison are different; one of the main differences is that venom can be consumed without ill-effect. It has to come in contact with your blood-stream to be dangerous.

Humans use venom in their cooking. As long as there are no cuts in your mouth or esophagus, orally ingesting venom is safe.

@Mike_Hawk I'm sorry, but you seem to be extremely misinformed about things. "Pigs eat too much garbage and junk" They...

I don't know what else people feed other animals and what they do to them, but I know that it's healthier than eating pigs. Plus, pigs do have more toxins in them than other animals and they carry lots of parasites on them. There's probably about a thousand worms resting in the pig's flesh.

@BlindMist I don't know what else people feed other animals and what they do to them, but I know that it's healthier than...

They feed all the animals the same basic stuff. I did look into it, and it turns out that eating unmarinated pork (most pork is marinated) does produce a pretty unhealthy reaction. However, marinated pork is fine and in line with other animals.

The parasite thing is pretty irrelevant if we cook our food thoroughly. Besides, it's probable that there simply exist more parasites for pigs than other animals. Certain species of parasite will only infect certain hosts.

I love pork, that's about all I have left to say. I can't find anything suggesting it's bad enough that I should stop eating it.

@Mike_Hawk They feed all the animals the same basic stuff. I did look into it, and it turns out that eating unmarinated pork...

Eating pork also messes with your brain, and causes you to think slower. Something along those lines. Anyway, I'll just stick with not eating pork. I have my reasons.

@fuzala wow that's interesting I didn't know the part with the snake

A lot of people probably don't know. Glad I do cool smilie
Now, all we have to do is start a boycott on banning eating pigs! nme smilie

@BlindMist A lot of people probably don't know. Glad I do Now, all we have to do is start a boycott on banning eating...

WOOT WOOT!

there's probably gonna be a lot of resistance though
possible illegal consumption even if it does get banned
like the prohibition acts

you know how people get with their bacon

@fuzala WOOT WOOT! there's probably gonna be a lot of resistance though possible illegal consumption even if it does get...

Yeah, I know. I don't even know how pork tastes. Haven't tasted it since I lived. I stick with turkey bacon :) Plus, it would probably just be wrong for people to go to jail for consuming pigs.

@VicZinc

you see
I eat turkey once or twice a year at the max
I have no problem giving it up

I also don't eat chicks or veal
I'm safe

@1899816

I'm gonna have to get back to you on that

@VicZinc

some birds are so creepy...

lilypops avatar lilypop Yeah You Are -1Reply

This kind of stuff used to be my life. Extreme nostalgia alert.

lanas avatar lana Yeah You Are +1Reply