+14

Let's get this straight, God had no problem creating Adam out of dust, and fashioning Eve out of a rib, but he decided it was better to sneak in, under the cover of darkness, to the bedroom of a 14 year old virgin, and knock her up, in order to "make" Jesus? That's pretty damn suspicious if you ask me. Amirite?

VicZincs avatar Religion
5 16
The voters have decided that VicZinc is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

God is pretty good at this God business, but there's always somebody who thinks he has a better idea.

I find it very hurtful,what you said,God did not come from the ghetto.he is to be treated with Love and respect.
You need help.

Of course you don't understand the miracle of Christmas! It wouldn't be much of a miracle if it were an every day occurrence that everyone easily understood.

You know Vic, I can understand someone that has questions about his faith. But I have [and I believe God has] problems with someone thinking they are smarter than the Creator of the Universe, mocking God and believers in God.

I thank God that I have spotted your blasphemy today, and had this opportunity to call you out on it once again.

@VicZinc Thank you for your concern

Have you shelved all that crap of 'love your fellow man' until after the solstice? Replaced it with some good old Christian holiday persecution?

@Budwick Have you shelved all that crap of 'love your fellow man' until after the solstice? Replaced it with some good old...

Bud,
I posted this almost 4 years ago. I was very surprised that Amirite decided to feature it again and during the holidays.

Alas, live and learn. I don't regret posting and I probably wouldn't not post it again if I was asked.

It raises a commonly asked question however I agree the timing is unfortunate and could be hurtful to some people. For that I apologize. My intention was to encourage discussion not to offend you.

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1900061

how would that be possible because she was still a virgin even after she became pregnant?

@Kasanova how would that be possible because she was still a virgin even after she became pregnant?

I think in that case, referring Mary as being a virgin, it meant that she was pure and unaffected by the world that she lived in.

That's pretty funny that you should say this...VicZinc...

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are 0Reply

The problem here is that God is not "all powerful" like you have been told. He is the God of rightness, and there are several things He can't do. For instance He can't lie and He can't change. There are lots of things that seem obvious to our puny minds, such as "If somebody steals your stuff, you knock him in the head and steal it back." Well, God can't do that because He has to do things right. And that is why He does things that we humans don't understand.

It is not reliable to let people tell you what the bible says. Many people will make up stuff because they don't know what it says, and many will make up stuff because they wish it would not say what it says. You just have to read it for yourself. Read a chapter of Proverbs every day. Proverbs has 31 chapters so you can keep your place by just looking at a calendar. There is no religion or nothing in Proverbs and you don't have to believe anything. Just read to find wisdom. When you are comfortable with that, then read the bible from Romans to 2 Thessalonians over and over until you start to remember what it says. That is the part that applies to Christians.