+107

There is a big difference between a toy, a game, and a puzzle. Puzzles have only one solution; games have rules, but the outcome is not predetermined; toys are limited only by your imagination. Therefore, life cannot be a puzzle as the outcomes are limitless. When you follow all the rules, then your life is only a game. When you treat your life like a toy, you are limited only in so far as you give credence to other's opinions. Amirite.

VicZincs avatar Life
21 6

I agree with what you're saying, but just hear me out. Life can be like a puzzle, because while there is only one solution there are many ways to get there. The "solution" to life, is death, but just like a Rubix Cube there's more than one way to get there.

I don't know about treating life like a "toy" - that just made me think of YOLO, which is not a good motto to live by.

@MusicIsAGift I don't know about treating life like a "toy" - that just made me think of YOLO, which is not a good motto to live by.

I guess when I wrote this I was thinking of etch-a-sketch, lego, and the like, creative toys. But I see your point. I am not convinced that "life as a game" is such a bad idea. I do think "life as a puzzle" is defeatist.

Interesting point of view.

You're the dumb "Friends"-watching "bro"-hating white Visigoth/Swede here bro.

AdamNYs avatar AdamNY Disagree 0Reply