0

Music today will never be able to even come close to The Beatles. amirite?

Music
0 11
The votes are tied on this post being right or wrong. Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree to break the tie!

Personally, I think we can't be close because a lot of our music is too far past.

The Beatles weren't even that good.

@VicZinc That's just silly.

I do not find their music enjoyable.

@VicZinc Not even #9

What did I just listen to.

@BuddyCakes What did I just listen to.

Beatle's "White" album - their heroin fueled music.

@VicZinc Not even #9

I love "Revolution 9" for some odd reason.

The Beatles were great, but not the best example of good music. Think The Who, Yes, Jethro Tull, Black Sabbath, The Clash, Frank Zappa.

And there is some good stuff today.

@MusicIsAGift The Beatles were great, but not the best example of good music. Think The Who, Yes, Jethro Tull, Black Sabbath, The...

I agree with this totally. And I disagree with the post on principle. I just could not help questioning the statement that the Beatles were not that good. Their works evolved so quickly and they covered so much ground that it is easy to say they were seminal if not "great." I personally think the Kinks are equally deserving, but sorely overlooked. And Zappa - don't get me started on underappreciated genius.