+11

Even though you don't consider yourself a grammar nazi,you can't help but have at least one minor grammar mistake that you could care less about, amirite?

RobertSines avatar Language
1 15
The voters have decided that RobertSine is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1901300

Haha.Guilty as charged on that one!

RobertSines avatar RobertSine Yeah You Are 0Reply
@shelbme ...are you doing it on purpose?

Yes and no.I'm aware that I do it in general but it's an unconscious thing during typing because it's something that I don't care about enough to make sure I put the space in there.Unless I'm writing anything formal,I usually only use a space after a question mark or exclamation mark,both for aesthetic reasons and out of courtesy to the people reading it.Not using it after full stops or commas doesn't look as ugly or make the text harder to read in the same way.At least it doesn't for me.Maybe it sticks out like a sore thumb to others, interrupting the flow of their reading.

That last sentence reminded me of a third instance that I use the space.When the word after the comma takes the word before it onto the next line with it which leaves too much of a space at the end of the line before it.

If it bothers enough people on this site,I'll make more of an effort to put the space while I'm on here.

@1901300

Thought I was the only one! Gosh, that is irritating. It just looks so wrong without the space.

Kaycees avatar Kaycee Yeah You Are 0Reply

I see what you did there.

since we're on the topic of language:

http://amirite.com/753125-a-lot...ould-care-less

dun hit me beye smilie

@fuzala since we're on the topic of...

Ohh wait,don't hit you? Were you correcting my mistake? It wasn't a mistake.It was intentional.I was pointing out the exact same thing you were in your post.I can't help but care enough about that particular grammatical error that I could care less about it.

RobertSines avatar RobertSine Yeah You Are +1Reply
@RobertSine Ohh wait,don't hit you? Were you correcting my mistake? It wasn't a mistake.It was intentional.I was pointing out...

I pay more attention to words
than the structure/grammar
as you can see from the way I set up my comments wary smilie

and about the commas:
http://amirite.com/749185-it-is...-crazy-amirite

@fuzala I pay more attention to words than the structure/grammar as you can see from the way I set up my comments...

Not to worry.It's easy to overlook things like that when you're scrolling through posts.

Very true.That's the reason I ended up leaving it out.I usually use one when I end a question with the word 'huh' but I refrained because of the presence of the first one.

@RobertSine Not to worry.It's easy to overlook things like that when you're scrolling through posts. Very true.That's the...

hey
does that mean amirite? in a post
shouldn't have a comma before it
but a period since it can be a sentence on it's own?
Am I right?

@fuzala hey does that mean amirite? in a post shouldn't have a comma before it but a period since it can be a sentence on...

Good point.That's the least of the problems a grammar nazi would have with the use of that word though.

@RobertSine Good point.That's the least of the problems a grammar nazi would have with the use of that word though.

oh I think I can explain that

because the site is called amirite
it's easier to accept

http://amirite.com/753221-its-e...complain-about

on that post
if you scroll down to the second comment by Mike
he explains things in a way that I think relates to this

@fuzala oh I think I can explain that because the site is called amirite it's easier to accept...

Yeah I know it's not technically grammatically incorrect but grammar nazis tend to cringe at unofficial 'trendy' words for lack of a better term.

Mikes post fit really well with this though.I completely agree.But if you try explaining that to a grammar nazi,stand back.

@fuzala since we're on the topic of...

Ahh,you have the same pet peeve huh? I find that one so annoying.

By the way,it's amazing how self-conscious you get about your grammar and punctuation while you're criticising it.I spent a good 30 seconds deciding whether to put a comma after 'peeve'.Lynne Truss,where are you when I need you?