Have you ever suddenly realized that you existed?

69% Yes 8% No 17% Um. wtf? 6% Other
LyssaBlaus avatar People & Celebrities
4 17

I tend to be thinking and then come back into a state of awareness of my surroundings and such.

You might also mean "OH HOLY SHIT THIS IS REAL LIFE WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE?"

Or an intense sensation of like, having limbs.

I think it's the first one though wary smilie.

Lens avatar Len Yes +17Reply
@Len I tend to be thinking and then come back into a state of awareness of my surroundings and such. You might also...

It's sorta the first one...I think. I don't even know how to explain it but my friend and I both knew what the other was trying to say.

It's really bizarre. Like a sudden burst of consciousness that's more heightened than normal and it only lasts a minute or two.

I sound affected in the head don't I? lolwut smilie

Okay, okay. Let me explain. Me and one of my friends were discussing that every once in a while while doing something totally mundane, we have experienced this strange sensation. That we suddenly become away of our own existence and it's very eery. If it has happened to you, you'll know what I'm talking about.

If not. You'll just think I'm crazy. Which I guess is just as true.

Every once in awhile I'll become aware of the moment. For instance, I'll be doing something mundane and I'll suddenly notice the texture of the table I'm sitting at, and I think to myself, this is real, and this is really happening, right now. Then I'll just slip back into cruise control.

It happens when I'm looking in the mirror sometimes. Like, to move my face and limbs and watch them moving and to think "me, I'm the one doing that, and I'm the one thinking about knowing that I'm the one doing that."
It's almost incapacitating, but a generally good thing to happen, I think.

It makes me uncomfortable to think about.

I'm glad I'm not the only one

wait are you saying im not an imaginary friend?

Oh thank God, I'm not the only one who does/did this.

I love all these comments!

now i did.