avonkiens avatar Jokes & Humour
0 7

I see lying as telling someone else something you know is untrue.

What you're describing sounds more like bending the truth.

Lens avatar Len Disagree +4Reply

Secrets are sacred

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Disagree +2Reply

It can be,depending on the circumstances and what IS said.There's such a thing as lying by omission where you deliberately leave parts out for your own benefit or on behalf of someone that you're siding with but if you're not saying anything then that's just a secret as VicZinc said or obstruction of justice in both cases if it's something the authorities would be interested to know about as Len said.

It's worth noting that it doesn't automatically make it right to conceal the information if it doesn't count as lying and it doesn't automatically make it wrong to conceal the information if it's obstruction of justice.It depends on what it is and what effect telling the person would have.

I was wondering how would I supposed to bring out this topic to know your point of views and I decided to post this one. I guess it works. :D

But in an investigation, it's still considered lying, right?

@avonkien But in an investigation, it's still considered lying, right?

I think that is what is referred to as obstruction of justice. Although I may be wrong on that, I'm certainly not a law major over here.

Lens avatar Len Disagree 0Reply

I'd say it's more being deceitful than lying
both are wrong morally

Anonymous