+63

A relationship of purely sex is not a relationship, it's sex.

canyoupleasestops avatar Life
1 13

It's not a romantic relationship, but it's still two humans connecting with each other.

It is still a relationship. A meaningless, torrid relationship.

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Disagree +11Reply

I could be just friends or co-workers with someone and it could be considered a relationship.

OP, define relationship for me.

Discords avatar Discord Disagree +1Reply

aand they dont last..

I don't think that anyone is in a position to define what a relationship is for anyone else; it is no one else's business

It's kinda sad how many people disagreed with this.

@xxdetroitxx It's kinda sad how many people disagreed with this.

It's factually inaccurate, why would it be sad that people disagree?

Lens avatar Len Disagree +13Reply
@Len It's factually inaccurate, why would it be sad that people disagree?

Because a relationship implies that there's love involved.
And if the "relationship" is all about sex, then that's basically just lust, not love.

@xxdetroitxx Because a relationship implies that there's love involved. And if the "relationship" is all about sex, then that's...

Lets just assume that "relationship" means a romantic relationship because it'd be too easy to just say that a relationship is more vague than a romantic relationship and I'd like to have a bit of fun.

That said, relationships don't need to be made under the basis of love.
There's nothing wrong with two people just wanting to fuck a lot and that being the basis of their relationship. Is that a good way to get a marriage and family started? Not really, not in my opinion anyway but it's still a relationship.

Look at it this way, lets just say that two people are in a relationship that's heavily based around sex and without sex they'd probably not be together. Is it moral for one of them to cheat on the other just because it's a relationship of sex? Of course not.

Relationships come in all varieties and as long as all members of it are alright with it there's really no reason to tell them that their relationship is invalid.
It doesn't really matter what your ideal relationship is, a relationship of just sex is pretty undesirable for me but that doesn't invalidate it any way.

Lens avatar Len Disagree +6Reply
@Len Lets just assume that "relationship" means a romantic relationship because it'd be too easy to just say that a...

It's stereotypical that women agree with this just 'on principle' and out of self-righteousness rather than actually thinking about it cough Detroit cough. Two people having sex repeatedly is obviously a relationship and it's not our right or choice to judge if its a good one or not.