+11

Some commercials try to make you feel stupid for not buying whatever it is they're trying to sell, but you know better, amirite?

fuzalas avatar Brands & Products
0 7
The voters have decided that fuzala is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

David Cross summed it up really well. It's the manufacture of necessity. Make you wish there was something on the market to do a specific thing, exaggerate that to the point that owning one would change your life and then reveal that they have done you the huge favour of making such a product for you specifically and at such a reasonable price too. They spoil you.

And it works. I can't even remember those dark days when fridges didn't have water dispensers. I try to block out the painful memory of having to turn 180 degrees to turn on the tap at the kitchen sink.

RobertSines avatar RobertSine Yeah You Are 0Reply
@fuzala I still drink tap water

Good for you. Fight the power!

@RobertSine Good for you. Fight the power!

oh yeah
but fighting the power can be hard work

like not conforming can be hard
"eww tap water" d smilie

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are 0Reply
@fuzala oh yeah but fighting the power can be hard work like not conforming can be hard "eww tap water"

Do you actually get people saying that? So it's clean enough to wash your crockery and cutlery which you then eat off of and with respectively, but it's not clean enough to drink? Makes perfect sense.

Ok, there's washing-up liquid involved but would anyone be willing to do the washing with noticably impure water just because there's washing-up liquid in it? I doubt it.

@RobertSine Do you actually get people saying that? So it's clean enough to wash your crockery and cutlery which you then eat...

exactly

also
depending on the area
bottled water may have more chemicals in comparison anyways
with the plastic and manufacture process

but I know that some villages or countryish places have wells with diseases so tap water just isn't a good option for them

@fuzala exactly also depending on the area bottled water may have more chemicals in comparison anyways with the plastic...

Yeah it's fair enough to opt for bottled water if their tap water is (or possibly is) contaminated and vice versa but for most people it's a whole lot of fuss over nothing. Unless it's going to do you any significant harm, don't worry about it. I'm damn sure most people who worry too much about water put harmful chemicals in their bodies via various other products. What's funny is when someone with a bottle of water in one hand and a lit cigarette in the other tells you why you shouldn't drink tap water.