+3

A labor pain simulator is one way to not only feel empathy for those who give birth but feel sympathy as well, amirite?

Proefkonijnen - Dennis en Valerio krijgen (with English subtitles)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlsPXpR2ORU
fuzalas avatar Technology
1 15
The voters have decided that fuzala is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

make sure to turn on the captions/subtitles if you don't understand them

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +2Reply

That was fun! Thanks for posting.

Now I'm not saying it's worse than labor pains, but it would also be entertaining to see a couple of young women strapped to a "just gotten kicked in the balls" device. Also unpleasant.

@PhilboydStudge That was fun! Thanks for posting. Now I'm not saying it's worse than labor pains, but it would also be...

Of course that is painful too, but the men quit because of the strength of the pain as well as the LENGTH of the pain. Getting kicked doesn't last nearly as long. A painful kick will last 15 seconds to 15 minutes on average. I'm sure those men would last just fine 15 minutes in labor, but when it comes down to time, they'd prefer the kick since it's swifter.

I found that really entertaining.

ItsATraps avatar ItsATrap Yeah You Are +1Reply

Interesting, but I really dislike when people say that giving birth is arguably the worst pain in the world. It just seems like it's a way for women to stroke their egos. I'm not saying that's how it's always said, but I never hear it except for when women want to make the point that they're "stronger" than men.

Google cluster headaches and irukandji syndrome. To sum up how bad cluster headaches are in one sentence: They are referred to as "suicide headaches". Sufferers of irukandji symptoms also plead with doctors to end their lives.

@Mike_Hawk Interesting, but I really dislike when people say that giving birth is arguably the worst pain in the world. It...

I never said no pain was worse

I just thought it's an interesting experiience for any person to go through

some women can't/haven't given birth

this post isn't about competition of pain or strength between the sexes

I was focusing on empathy/sympathy
better understanding

not superiority/arrogance/competition

@fuzala I never said no pain was worse I just thought it's an interesting experiience for any person to go through some...

One of the first lines in the video was about childbirth being arguably the worst pain a human can feel.

@Mike_Hawk One of the first lines in the video was about childbirth being arguably the worst pain a human can feel.

Yeah but I didn't say that

I put the video so people would know what I'm talking about better

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Mike_Hawk I didn't say you did.

I think your previous comments about women influenced how I read your comment and maybe read something that wasn't there

maybe I've been misunderstanding your thoughts

@1902958

That was one of the first lines in the video, that child-birth is arguably one of the worst pains in the world.

I'm virtually incapable of empathy, but I do have sympathy for women, though it is limited. Childbirth is bad, but you still get a child out of it. Is that not worth it?

I sincerely doubt that's it's used often to "stroke egos." Most don't use it to stroke their ego. It's to stop people from dismissing the hardships faced.

I also doubt when you say "...but I never hear it except for when women want to make the point that they're 'stronger' than men." How often do you really hear this? I have never heard such things.

What does this post even have to do with egos? It's about being able to relate. The post is about closing a gap, trying to go over a barrier, and creating some understanding. Instead, your words make some seem egotistical.

The man said it was ARGUABLY the worst pain. Key word here is arguably. Pain is subjective so it may be the worst pain for someone. He says it once in the beginning, and they go in and do the experiment. He doesn't even mention if he agrees or not. And so what if someone says it's the worst pain? Why do you dislike this? It may very well be the worst pain. Cluster headaches vary too just like labor pains vary in their level of strength and length. In one situation, those headaches could be the worst, and in another situation, the labor pains may be the worst.

@I sincerely doubt that's it's used often to "stroke egos." Most don't use it to stroke their ego. It's to stop...

You are more than likely correct. Where I come from and how I was raised, every single fucking thing was a pissing contest. Everything that was said was either one upping someone else, or putting them down. Nobody ever just stated something and that was it. It's a horrible practice, I hate the fact that I was brought up this way, and I'm really trying to break the habit.

It remains that I have often heard it used in that fashion. If someone were to say something hurts, a woman would say "Oh, really? Well, we go through labor pains, so quit your whining." or something to that effect.