+15

To make the new link post more palatable OP should be required (as with picture posts) to write the post in a text form that you can respond to without following the link. Also "anonymous" use of link-post should be prohibited so that abusers can be identified and you don't waste your time watching their inane crap. Amirite?

VicZincs avatar Internet & Apps
2 9
The voters have decided that VicZinc is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Anonymous users can be seen by mods and such, obviously, but I also want to be able to shame them into not abusing it.

Lens avatar Len Yeah You Are +3Reply

I agree with the first part but disagree with the second so I'm just going to vote NW.

@Statefarm I agree with the first part but disagree with the second so I'm just going to vote NW.

Just curious as to why? I never understood the need/desire to post anonymously. People are already "anonymous" on the internet so if their post is serious why would they not want to claim it as their own opinion? Just wondering?

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Yeah You Are 0Reply
@VicZinc Just curious as to why? I never understood the need/desire to post anonymously. People are already "anonymous" on...

a user still has an identity on the internet
and a recognizable one with a name and default picture

with anonymous, the person really is anonymous

someone made a post that's kinda similar to what you're saying though
http://amirite.com/746929-being...sense-when-you

and someone may post anonymously because they don't want people to be biased on their vote because of the poster's identity

or maybe
they don't want to be judged

@fuzala a user still has an identity on the internet and a recognizable one with a name and default picture with...

I get that, but why would you post anonymously unless you are ashamed of your post, and if you are ashamed of it, you probably should not post it anyways. Where is the integrity in an anonymous post?

@VicZinc I get that, but why would you post anonymously unless you are ashamed of your post, and if you are ashamed of it...

Anonymity is not intrinsically linked to shame. The internet serves as host to many articles posted anonymously. Should they all be stripped of merit because their creators didn't want to be credited for their work?

You should be less rigid in matters that cannot be fully understood.

@Shadi Anonymity is not intrinsically linked to shame. The internet serves as host to many articles posted anonymously...

You make a good point. I have not seen many posts that were both anonymous and thought provoking but I have seen some. Perhaps the anonymity was based on a desire to avoid acclaim. Still it seems that all of the really poorly done link-posts have been anonymous and I am judging that they posters wanted to avoid censure rather than avoiding praise. But I should not judge, so I stand corrected. Thank you.

I guess it could be they feel ashamed

also, they might not be ashamed about the post
but feel that others will find it shameful

maybe they want to talk about a topic without having to worry about people having certain negative notions about them

I don't post anonymously but I can understand why some do