+16

Just because you don't agree with the act of homosexuality doesn't mean you're intolerant or homophobic

Fanatics avatar Religion
0 24

You are ignoring a natural biological/sociological occurance. Forgive me for mistaking that for ignorance.

Shadis avatar Shadi Disagree +1Reply
@Shadi You are ignoring a natural biological/sociological occurance. Forgive me for mistaking that for ignorance.

Sure, it's natural to struggle with different temptations. Does that make it okay?

@Fanatic Sure, it's natural to struggle with different temptations. Does that make it okay?

Good point. Men who feel tempted to love women deserve persecution.

Shadis avatar Shadi Disagree 0Reply
@Shadi Good point. Men who feel tempted to love women deserve persecution.

Haha it all depends on what you consider a sin. That's just my opinion.

@Fanatic Haha it all depends on what you consider a sin. That's just my opinion.

By that statement, you imply that you personally believe that homosexuality is wrong. The Bible is just popularized literature, but the reader decides how to interpret that literature. You chose to read the biblical verse as saying "anything other than cisgendered heterosexuality is sinful," but you could look for other interpretations if you had an open mindset. You don't, though. You are satisfied with your belief that there is a one-way ticket to paradise, and you are willing to throw everyone off the bus to insure that you will reach God's embrace.

I was told that God is the only being to be allotted final judgement, so who are you to say that homosexuality is a sin? Are you God Incarnate? Are you capable of making so bold a statement as to declare which lifestyles will result in ultimate demise? If you are not God, I don't see why you should have the privelage of shaming people over something as petty as sexual preference.

Shadis avatar Shadi Disagree 0Reply

As long if you don't care if others disagree with you.

You mean as in not being gay or as in forcing others to not be gay?

@MusicIsAGift You mean as in not being gay or as in forcing others to not be gay?

I mean I don't agree that it's right. Doesn't mean I'm not intolerant of gays. Doesn't mean I'm putting them lower then me. Doesn't mean I'm scared of them.

@MusicIsAGift But do you support same-sex marriage as a legal right?

I mean, obviously this nations institute of marriage has not ever been how I believe God intended it to be, so yes, I would not vote against people getting married just because i don't believe it's right. That's forcing my religion on others and that's not okay.

I'm assuming you don't agree with the act of homosexuality cuz you posted this.

But I'm curious, why don't you agree with it?

@xxdetroitxx I'm assuming you don't agree with the act of homosexuality cuz you posted this. But I'm curious, why don't you...

I'm a Christian and I just don't think it's the way a marriage was intended to be. I'm not condemning homosexuals or saying they're any worse than me just because we sin differently. I just don't agree with it in the same way I don't think it's okay to lie

@xxdetroitxx So, if being gay wasn't considered wrong in the Bible, you'd be fine with it?

It's not even that it says in black and white, "don't be gay" and it's not as if God took a pen and paper and wrote the bible itself. It's about interpretation in many ways, although in Romans 1:25-26, it's pretty clear God isn't in favor of it. If for some reason, the bible said its okay to have relations with the same sex, then sure I wouldn't have a problem with it. But God's Word is what I live by, and I'm not ashamed of that

@Fanatic It's not even that it says in black and white, "don't be gay" and it's not as if God took a pen and paper and wrote...

But why would it be considered wrong?
Why is it a sin? How is love a sin?

I'm a Christian too, but I don't understand how it's wrong.

You can't control who you fall in love with, you just can't.

I don't get it. You're either gay or you're not. There is no "act of homosexuality."
You can't not agree with who someone is.

@pikabeau I don't get it. You're either gay or you're not. There is no "act of homosexuality." You can't not agree with who...

I think homosexuality is a temptation like anything else. Some people deal with it and some act on it, in turn, saying they're a homosexual. But the actual definition of homosexuality in which I consider I sin is having sexual relations with the same sex. That is a decision and an act

@Fanatic I think homosexuality is a temptation like anything else. Some people deal with it and some act on it, in turn...

You're basing your opinion on a wrong definition. If a homosexual were just someone who had sex with someone of the same sex your opinion would make sense, but that's not what a homosexual is. So long as the attraction is there a person is homosexual whether or not they act on it.
You can say gay sex is wrong because that is an act, but being gay is a state of being. It's not right to say someone is wrong simply for who they are.

@pikabeau You're basing your opinion on a wrong definition. If a homosexual were just someone who had sex with someone of the...

Is it? If I were suddenly attracted to girls, but I never acted on it, I wouldn't consider myself gay. But I guess that goes into the argument if people are born gay or if it's a choice, and I can see how it could be both in a lot of ways. I do think certain people struggle with different things as far as sin goes and they can't help it. I don't think the attraction to another person of the same sex is wrong. It's when you act it that's not okay. And that's an action

@Fanatic Is it? If I were suddenly attracted to girls, but I never acted on it, I wouldn't consider myself gay. But I guess...

Then you should say you're okay with homosexuality and not okay with gay sex. That makes perfect sense. If you were attracted to females in a sexual way, by definition you would be homosexual. You don't have to embrace it.

@pikabeau Then you should say you're okay with homosexuality and not okay with gay sex. That makes perfect sense. If you were...

Another definition of homosexuality is sexual relations with the same sex. It works either way