+36

If you're doing nothing to fix society, you have absolutely no right to complain about it

Fanatics avatar Jokes & Humour
1 17

Some people aren't in the position to fix things, I don't think that means they don't have the right to complain.

@TheBlindMan Some people aren't in the position to fix things, I don't think that means they don't have the right to complain.

I didn't mean you have to be a part of the government. But we're all part of society. We make up society. You can help improve it by simply being nice to people or helping people or standing up for what's right

@Fanatic I didn't mean you have to be a part of the government. But we're all part of society. We make up society. You can...

Well then, by that logic, we're all doing little things to help society and we all have the right to complain, because we all affect the world on a daily basis. This reminds me of a quote one of my teachers had up on his wall: "Everytime you purchase a product, speak your mind, or get involved, you are making a vote as to what kind of world you want to live in."

I have mixed views on this.. on one hand I believe that anyone has the right to complain about anything they want for whatever reason they want. On the other hand, I hate when people complain about their situation but don't want to make any attempt to fix it. I suppose I could agree with 'If you're not willing to fix it yourself, then don't try to lobby the government into fixing it for you.' That's the lazy way out.

@StickCaveman I have mixed views on this.. on one hand I believe that anyone has the right to complain about anything they want...

Yeah, that was my point. Of course people "can" do anything they want to. It's just extremely aggravating when people continually complain about something and blame everything on society when all they're contributing is their complaints, ya know?

@Fanatic Yeah, that was my point. Of course people "can" do anything they want to. It's just extremely aggravating when...

It's legally right versus morally right. While people have legal right to, they can't do it in a morally sound way.

What's the point in trying to fix something that's broken far beyond repair? I think those who try to fix society only do it because they are paid too.

@WolfeDeWary What's the point in trying to fix something that's broken far beyond repair? I think those who try to fix society...

Nah, we can always improve. We have been for years in different departments. When you think about how bad societies been in the past, it's really gotten better in a lot of ways, yet all people do is complain.

I don't know about you, but in American we have the freedom of speech

@WinniethePooh I don't know about you, but in American we have the freedom of speech

Obviously I didn't mean you don't literally have the right. I meant, it's really not your place to whine about something you're doing nothing to improve. I think we can all agree on that

@1904499

Well this is true, there are always going to be intolerant people. That's just human nature. We don't live in a perfect world and we're not perfect ourselves