+101

Everyone's allowed to be sad and have problems, even if there are people out there who have it worse than them

Fanatics avatar Life
2 5

Agreed, but I never understood why some people wallow in it. I understand that it can be clinical, otherwise, (for me anyways) it is pretty easy to will myself to be happy. And marinating myself in sadness is so counter-productive.

@VicZinc Agreed, but I never understood why some people wallow in it. I understand that it can be clinical, otherwise, (for...

I agree! I don't think people should always just sit there and feel sorrow for themselves. It only makes you more depressed if you always consider yourself the victim

Although your post is true, I extremely dislike it when people complain so much about their problems that it's all I can take not to yell at them to stop being so whiny. We all have our problems and it's fine that we want others to be able to relate to us and understand our issues, but there is a limit to how much you can complain before it becomes simple attention seeking.

@Altoid_Freak_250 Although your post is true, I extremely dislike it when people complain so much about their problems that it's all...

I totally agree. There's a certain point where you know the persons not sad anymore, they just enjoy complaining and making other people feel sorrow for them

Pain is pain. No one has the right to ridicule someone's suffering because it seems minor. To that person, what seems like nothing to you is the end of the world, and to try to trivialize that hurt and make the person in pain feel ashamed of it is not helpful in the slightest.