+9

Barring extreme cases of aggression, de-clawing of cats should be illegal, amirite?

Mike_Hawks avatar Animals & Nature
0 10
The voters have decided that Mike_Hawk is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

if you can't handle a clawed cat
don't handle a clawed cat

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +3Reply

Cats should be illegal, except as menu items.

@Mike_Hawk Explain.

Cat are obnoxious when alive. Claws are hard to swallow

@VicZinc Cat are obnoxious when alive. Claws are hard to swallow

So:

A. You disagree with my post and are being serious about thinking cats should be illegal/eaten.

B. You disagree with my post, but your comment was in a joking manner or was hyperbole.

Please, taking into consideration that I probably fall somewhere within the autism spectrum, select which scenario best suits what is going on.

Mike_Hawks avatar Mike_Hawk Yeah You Are 0Reply
@VicZinc B

Then why do you disagree? I think it is unnecessarily cruel. We should not force such a change on a cat just for the convenience of owners who are too incompetent to teach their cat not to scratch.

Mike_Hawks avatar Mike_Hawk Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Mike_Hawk Then why do you disagree? I think it is unnecessarily cruel. We should not force such a change on a cat just for...

I guess because I hate cats but my wife loves them, she would not take the time to train it, so I had it declawed I disagree that it is cruel. I also had it neutered. I also had it dewormed and vaccinated. I believe that is far less cruel that tossing it out on the street to fend for itself.

@VicZinc I guess because I hate cats but my wife loves them, she would not take the time to train it, so I had it declawed I...

Then your wife can either take the time to train the cat (which is extremely easy, by the way) or not own one at all. Do you realize that it is not simple nail removal? Declawing is the amputation of the end segment of the cat's toe. The "far less cruel than tossing it out" argument is completely moot, because declawing can result in lameness, chronic pain, increased aggressiveness, biting, and avoidance of using the litter box; which in turn results in declawed cats being given up far more often than intact cats. Many people consider it a form of mutilation, and the practice is already illegal in 14 countries.

@Mike_Hawk Then your wife can either take the time to train the cat (which is extremely easy, by the way) or not own one at...

Did not know that. Both cats I have had this done to were fine, one (Clyde) would still climb trees, hunt critters and beat the snot out of other toms in the 'hood. The other (Cleo) is docile and calm.

Mutilation is nothing new. Men have been decapitating their cocks for ever. If the procedure is done by a competent surgeon...anyways, I hate cats.