+100

It's not okay to depend on other people for doing everything for you when you're perfectly capable of doing things yourself

Fanatics avatar Politics
2 11

hmm
I think that depends
if the other party is glad to do so
and the receiving party is glad with the situation
and no there's no harm coming about

then I think it's okay
for the most part

@fuzala hmm I think that depends if the other party is glad to do so and the receiving party is glad with the situation and...

I just don't think any good comes out of depending on others for anything: materials, totals happiness, hope, confidence. You only end up losing yourself because you can't be independent. Or you just become lazy, either one.

@Fanatic I just don't think any good comes out of depending on others for anything: materials, totals happiness, hope...

yeah but people are social creatures that depend on each
other

not for everything
but everyone has some degree of dependency and independence

@fuzala yeah but people are social creatures that depend on each other not for everything but everyone has some degree...

Well of course. But the post says people who depend on other people for everything

@Fanatic Well of course. But the post says people who depend on other people for everything

that goes back to my second phrase that everyone has degrees of both

but I guess some can be too dependent
same with independent

@fuzala that goes back to my second phrase that everyone has degrees of both but I guess some can be too dependent...

I wasn't really referring to God in this post anyways. I do depend on him, most definitely. I was talking more about people. Maybe people who don't do anything and depend on the government to help them along. That kind of thing

That's how I feel about people who pray.

@That's how I feel about people who pray.

Haha that's not what praying is about. Praying is a whole nother thing that just has to do with talking to God. It's not about using him to get things. It can be about thankfulness, forgiveness, prayer for strength, wisdom, perseverance, or just that his will be done.

@Fanatic Haha that's not what praying is about. Praying is a whole nother thing that just has to do with talking to God...

So you're asking him to do things for you. I don't care who your phrase it. It's what you are doing.

the way I think about it is that I do depend on God
but I still put in effort for what I do

I'll work hard and the results are up to Him

http://amirite.com/748578-someo...radict-amirite