6 40

I'm interested in hearing the reasoning behind everyone's answers.

Personally I prefer 25-29 because I know that will probably be my peak in most ways. I'd have good reflexes for my twitch gaming, I'd have the physique for manual labour, I'd not have to worry about hair loss unless I'm under excessive amounts of stress, I'd be old enough to be taken seriously when applying for jobs or socializing. I'm sure there's other stuff but those are the main points.

Lens avatar Len 25-29 +13Reply
@Len I'm interested in hearing the reasoning behind everyone's answers. Personally I prefer 25-29 because I know that...

Being taken seriously is the thing I'm thinking about. At a lot of companies, you'll be considered a dumb kid if you're in your 20s. 30s is a little better. 40s would probably be the best, but that's getting old enough to start having lower metabolism/health issues, which I'd rather not have. Being 32 would be young enough to benefit from most of the advantages of youthfulness and still be just old enough to be taken seriously. Also, Chris Pine and Ryan Gosling are 32 and they're total babes, so I'm sure I'll look like that when I'm 32.

I am extremely curious as to why someone would pick 0-4. Your brain isn't even fully developed, you wouldn't be making decisions for yourself, and at the earliest part you would still be wetting yourself.

@Cellar_Door I am extremely curious as to why someone would pick 0-4. Your brain isn't even fully developed, you wouldn't be...

no real responsibilities
things are pretty good for a toddler

I think there are pros and cons to all these age groups

http://amirite.com/748276-there...t-even/1893287

Though it's not my choice, perhaps they would choose it because they would get to experience the world for the first time again which I image would be quite amazing. Also, as a baby we don't need to worry about what we look like or depression and basically know nothing but innocence. My guess is that most of the people who selected one to four are teens who haven't yet experienced many years beyond high school and imagine it only to be worse. I haven't voted on the post but I would probably chose something younger than I am now because right now I am insanely overwhelmed, stressed, an depressed, and I can only imagine life getting harder as we age.

21-24: old enough to do everything, young enough to do most things and still be socially acceptable. (Like clubbing)

my questions are
do we have the same minds as when we were at that age? or do we get to choose the "age" of our mind?
or is this a more physical thing
where you choose the age of your body?

I wanna choose the mind of the 40-50+ and the body of 30-35

@fuzala why Steve? what's wrong with your mind?

Forgetful and wandering. I used to be a more disciplined thinker.

@PhilboydStudge Forgetful and wandering. I used to be a more disciplined thinker.

I picked that range because I thought my mind might've been through more experiences

good thing this is hypothetical
sounds like a complicated decision

@fuzala I picked that range because I thought my mind might've been through more experiences good thing this is...

One of the biggest benefits of getting older for me is that I am no longer focused on what other people think of me. I still care about that, but not nearly to the extent that I did when I was younger. That is quite liberating.

@PhilboydStudge One of the biggest benefits of getting older for me is that I am no longer focused on what other people think of...

well I look forward to that if I make it that far

It's a lot of pressure caring about something like that

I'm pleased that I was the 100th person to vote for 21-24.

woah this post got a lot of votes

@woah this post got a lot of votes

In general people vote on custom option posts more often than regular posts but this really is astounding.
Erie, really. I mean I wouldn't even think this many people went on to the site in the past two weeks.

Lens avatar Len 25-29 +6Reply

I'm stuck between 21-24 and 25-29. Both leave you young enough to enjoy the world, but 25-29 gives you a bit more credibility and experience.

This is very intriguing to me. For myself, I have found that there is so much hate and sorrow in the world that I only know of because I've gotten older and experienced more things. If I could go back to being 4-10 (preferably 8-10) and have the mind of someone that age I would go in an instant because when I was that young I was so happy all the time and it would be amazing to have that feeling again

@1910669

feeling tied between two different ranges
I chose other because I wanted my mind to be in one range
and the body in another

@1938053

oh yeah

life in the womb is good stuff

I messed up the first few voting options, sorry :(

30-35. It's a nice combination of physical well-being, mental alertness, and experience.

i would be 25 so it would be like that Justin Timberlake movie "In Time".

what a shitty potd

It's kind of funny how no one chose anything above 35.

@BlindMist It's kind of funny how no one chose anything above 35.

Actually, never mind. I guess just no registered members did.

@BlindMist Actually, never mind. I guess just no registered members did.

and the ones who have their settings set so no one else can see their votes

never mind... always

21 - 24 because you're expected to be irresponsible and dumb, but you're old enough to earn respect if you want to do something serious.

0-4 (while I can't entirely remember it) was the best time of my life so

25-30 simply because that's the most attractive age range in my opinion.

tags avatar tag 25-29 0Reply

25-29 - the average human doesn't begin to reason until 24. Also, I was in peak shape during this time.