+18

Keep the masses in ignorance for an uneducated mass is a controllable mass. Ecclesiastes 1:18

tyrannyvigilants avatar Religion
1 12

Um, I have internet connection too. I can easily figure out that that's not what Ecclesiastes 1:18 says.

gaining knowledge is a religious obligation

@fuzala gaining knowledge is a religious obligation

For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief. Ecclesiastes 1:18

Above is the original verse.

@tyrannyvigilant For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief. Ecclesiastes 1:18 Above is the...

where is that from exactly?

I saw another user post the original
but I didn't understand what it meant exactly

@fuzala where is that from exactly? I saw another user post the original but I didn't understand what it meant exactly

The original verse is from the bible. As to what it means, there are many of us who perceive the bible to be little more than man-made rules and stories designed to keep the powerful in power.

@tyrannyvigilant The original verse is from the bible. As to what it means, there are many of us who perceive the bible to be little...

I had to look up Ecclesiastes because I wasn't familiar with that name

and me being ignorant about that was throwing me off

I'll have to get back to you once I know more

I think it's talking about the government and whoever is at the top, and saying how they keep the masses of the people ignorant in order to control them.

That is true though, studies have shown that intelligent people are more likely to be depressed.

I think you are misinterpreting the quote and you would need to take the whole paragraph or even page to see what it's really about to be honest.

I don't see anything about controlling the masses. Is that your interpretation?

An excellent strategy if you're not part of the masses.