VicZincs avatar Education
3 17

It doesn't really work that way.

I only regret that I have but one heart to give to this post.

I don't think the people with vast wealth are super lazy. Perhaps by providing such stimulation to the economy, and having such financial prudence, combined with unique management skills and intelligence makes them more deserving than others of vast wealth. They aren't lazy just because they have a lot of money. Most of that probably comes from them working much harder than anyone else earlier in life. That doesn't mean they deserve all the wealth they have, but I disagree with saying that they're lazy.

@iamthewalrus what? how is the post saying that at all?

I have no idea how this happeneed. I read this post completely backwards. My apologies, that completely flew over my head. Thanks for pointing it out.

I love the sarcasm in the post.

I don't think that the people who make little money are lazy. Think about a farmer. They don't make a lot but work super hard. So do teachers. And artists. And janitors.

@BetterThanEzra1119 I don't think that the people who make little money are lazy. Think about a farmer. They don't make a lot but work...

Yes! The belief that all poor people are lazy is wrong. We cannot correlate work-effort with compensation. There are many good arguments against redistribution of wealth, but laziness is not one of them.

This adds up to 100.011%......

@coasterkid This adds up to 100.011%......

Yes. I noticed that - and I cannot vouch for the data. I believe the general notion of a tiny percent owning vast wealth is correct. But who knows. Perhaps the 99.9 is really 99.889?

Here's a video on the same thing, it's really good, please don't pass over my comment, WATCH IT.

Why?

There are pretty much two things that will determine how rich you are:
Luck and Skill

If I'm lucky, then I deserve it, IMO. If I have skill I deserve it.

If you don't have either, then that's your problem.