kingjs avatar Life
3 43

not what
but who

fuzalas avatar fuzala Other +27Reply
@1908034

Don't forget dopamine, serotonin, and endogenous opioids.

Reading an original post from OP. smile smilie

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Intellecual satisfaction +16Reply

Friends. Friends make me happy.

More than one of these

eastcoasts avatar eastcoast Intellecual satisfaction +10Reply

I find this post to be reasonable. I say that in the most begrudging way possible.

Lens avatar Len Money +8Reply

Knowing that my advice to someone was helpful. Any kind of accomplishment, especially if someone finds it impressive. That moment when I procrastinate and produce a good result. Exercise.

Tits

My computer, oh how I love it smile smilie

I answered money. Not because money makes me happy, but having money would allow me to avoid the things that make me unhappy.

Oh...I just realized that you probably didn't mean the CEREAL Lucky Charms...haha, anyway, being with my friends makes me happy.

Yvonne

Other: Making others happy/improving the lives of others.

@John_Smith Other: Making others happy/improving the lives of others.

Yeah! I love knowing that my help actually benefited someone

money and sex is a close second

Sex... with another person.

PhilboydStudges avatar PhilboydStudge I'm continually depressed so nothing 0Reply

Aaaah! Family and intellectual satisfaction are both the most important things in my life. It's beautiful that they are both the top on this poll ^^

I interpreted Lucky Charms as the cereal, so that is my answer.

BuddyCakess avatar BuddyCakes Lucky Charms 0Reply

Tribune l smilie

its fun being smart! flip smilie

Amiriter36269s avatar Amiriter36269 Intellecual satisfaction 0Reply

its fun being smart! flip smilie creeper smiliecreeper smiliecreeper smiliecreeper smiliecreeper smiliediamond smiliecreeper smiliecreeper smiliecreeper smiliecreeper smiliecreeper smiliecreeper smiliecreeper smiliecreeper smiliecreeper smilie

Specifically, my daughter. The rest of my family: Needs to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

I hate my life and myself and am continually depressed, sometimes i agree to go out and do something but very rarely. When i have agreed to go out somewhere and try something new i dread it up until i'm there doing it then all i want is to be at home in my room. I'm socially awkward and very anxious. I often get glimpses of me bashing my brains out on a wall or other hard surface. Or just blowing them out.

I've lived like this for maybe almost 10 years now and i've only attempted suicide once when i was at an all time low. I do my best to get by but it's really hard to do anything when i don't see the point

Kumquats avatar Kumquat I'm continually depressed so nothing 0Reply
@Kumquat I hate my life and myself and am continually depressed, sometimes i agree to go out and do something but very...

Have you ever looked into psychiatric care? I hear they have some pretty good meds and have gotten better at giving the right ones at the right doses to their patients.

"The point" is not there for you to see, you have to make you own point (or points). You can have some for your private life, your live life, your family life, your creative life, your professional life, your intellectual life, and so on.

@perdix Have you ever looked into psychiatric care? I hear they have some pretty good meds and have gotten better at...

No i haven't, i'm kinda like the functioning alcoholic of depression. This is the first time i've said anything in a really long time only because i've been feeling especially shitty lately. I hide it pretty well because i can laugh (most of the time) with people at work or family and i don't tell anyone this stuff in person.The only point i see in doing anything is survival. Beyond that i just waste my time away. I'm not looking for a grand scheme or anything just enjoyment. The only kind of enjoyment i get is playing video games and that isn't really doing much for me anyways.

Trust me, the psychiatric is a bunch of bull shit. It doesn't work out for everyone. I'm the same way, been like that for years. I'm in the exact same position. Can barely deal with anxiety & seizures anymore. Only here for family. Stay strong though, I feel ya.

@coolstory Trust me, the psychiatric is a bunch of bull shit. It doesn't work out for everyone. I'm the same way, been like...

Thanks for the reply, it's nice having someone to sympathize.

I want to have something to say or ask here but i don't know what or how to phrase something that's not too up front or too something or another. This is hard.

Sad how high the percentage is for "I'm continually depressed so nothing" is........

@coolstory Sad how high the percentage is for "I'm continually depressed so nothing" is........

It's sad, but it's not surprising (to me, at least.). This is not new, but some people think they are more serious if they eschew happiness. Now they're called emo, but in the past, they were "brooding" or "angsty"

Family is everything