+5

It's not easy to hate a belief without hating the people who hold that belief

People & Celebrities
1 6

It's not that hard to understand that most people grow up knowing only what they're taught. Once a set of beliefs are implanted in someone's head, it's (possible, but) very difficult for them to comprehend anything different. Hate is a strong word and when it comes to people, I don't go any further than disliking them.

Check out any left-leaning or so-called "progressive" website on a hot topic concerning the freedom of others and you'll get a solid reality check.

@tyrannyvigilant Check out any left-leaning or so-called "progressive" website on a hot topic concerning the freedom of others and...

My father's family (mostly dead now) used racial slurs in everyday speech. I hated their belief that it was OK to do that; didn't hate them. Many of my fellow business owners believe that paying a living wage to their employees is bad for business. I hate that belief. Henry Ford and George Eastman showed that the opposite was true. I like my fellow business men.

So what are you on about?

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Disagree 0Reply

My country is very diverse culturally, and I have never, hated a belief. I have liked and disliked people of my own belief, as much as others. It wasn't difficult.

Hating an idea, or a thought, is definitely a different thing than hating a person, and the two are not exclusively related. Albeit, I have witnessed a person hating a belief just because of how they feel about the person.

Vrendowls avatar Vrendowl Disagree 0Reply