Science
0 4

I like to think that the people down-voting it are doing so because the Higgs-Boson hasn't been 100% confirmed. It is confirmed, but only tentatively.

@Mike_Hawk I like to think that the people down-voting it are doing so because the Higgs-Boson hasn't been 100% confirmed. It...

Yea, I'm too skeptical to get excited about such announcements. Do you remember a few years ago when someone in Europe announced they found neutrinos traveling faster than the speed of light? That claim was later repudiated.

I agreed but, its tentative discovery (i.e. they've detected what they'd expect to see with its presence however brief that presence may be) is only one step to all of the discoveries that will come with its confirmation and subsequent understanding of mass, one unified theory etc..

I don't have as much faith as Mike has. I think the people voting this down don't grasp the importance of this.

I think the people voting it down are either too ignorant to understand it; or are uber religious and onky know it as the "God" particle and voting it down due to that.