+5

If you think about it, parts of the Bro Code are like (or can be toned down to be like) a counterpart to women's rights organisations, amirite? Those organisations help mitigate women's disadvantages (you know what they are) and those parts of the Bro Code help mitigate the disadvantages that men have in social things (risking rejection for example, more for both in comments)

B10ckH34ds avatar
0 10

Biologically (I have to say this so people know I just mean scientifically) women are physically predisposed to be weaker than men. So, asshole guys beating up girls has a greater effect than asshole girls beating up guys. Women's Rights organisations (WROs, okay? It's very long to type) provide support for women who get beaten up and I can't tell specifics but I'm sure they've played a big part in getting more cases of domestic violence reported. This is of course unarmed atuff only. Weapons add power much greater than the difference between genders

Women are often treated unfairly, even counting the cost incurred by companies during maternity leave, so WROs help to stop this by getting laws passed and stuff. Again, I can't tell specifics. THis is just the sort of thing I had the impression WROs do.

I'm not very knowledgeable on this topic. I just noticed what I think is a similarity and I posted it.

Guys generally are the ones who are expected to make the first move and risk rejection, causing emotional stress and stuff, so there's a rule that bros will support the first bro's story. Thsi is a rule that should be toned down, like you shouldn't support your bro's claim that he doesn't have an STD if he does. STD are not to be joked around with and theur spread hsoudl be contained. Note: Shunning infected people when not shunning does not expose anyone to the contagion is ignorant.

Guys generally have a harder time socially, just as girls generally have a harder time economically and, uhh it's late and I'm tired. You know what I'm saying, right?... So anyway, bros banding together like the Bro Code dictates is somewhat similar to how women band together in WROs.

There are many more disadvantages of both genders in their respective fields(?) and both Bro Code and WROs work to reduce that. That's all I'm saying. Both are measures to reduce disadvantages. Ideally, they both succeed so there's no disadvantage, not both or either are removed before that happens. If I mak any mistakes, or oversights or anything, jsut tell me. I'm really sleepy. I wanted to post this before I forget.

@B10ckH34d Guys generally are the ones who are expected to make the first move and risk rejection, causing emotional stress...

Women can pull that evil woman crap (guilt, silence, etc..) on a man and it's ok. Yet men can't hit women. So, we need the "bro code", to support each other. Is this what you mean? If so, I can agree with that.

@PhilboydStudge Women can pull that evil woman crap (guilt, silence, etc..) on a man and it's ok. Yet men can't hit women. So, we...

Yeah pretty much. I've had 4 hours of sleep, so now I can think more clearly. The Bro Code is like a safety in number type of defense against women's social tactics and WROs are the same thing but against the shit men pull in business (Yes! I finally found the word!) world.

After some consideration - I am not a big fan of either the Bro Code or WRO's so...

@VicZinc After some consideration - I am not a big fan of either the Bro Code or WRO's so...

Why not? Personally, I think it would be cool if there was equality but men were still slightly disadvantaged in social things so we can keep the Bro Code. I gives a sense of camaraderie thinking that not only are people innocent until proven guilty, but friends until proven enemies or acquaintances. It's probably because I'm not a girl, but I don't get that feeling from WROs. It could also be that the Bro Code focuses on more trivial things than real monetary income, and my preference is like how I prefer playing to working.

@B10ckH34d Why not? Personally, I think it would be cool if there was equality but men were still slightly disadvantaged...

I am in favor of equality. I think these constructs actually restrict our movement toward equality by continuing to point out the distinctions between the two groups.

@VicZinc I am in favor of equality. I think these constructs actually restrict our movement toward equality by continuing...

Huh? Not sure if I understand. You can't fix something if you don't know it's broken... Equal is not necessarily the same. I think PS4 and Xbox 720 will be about equal, but I don't think they're the same console

@B10ckH34d Huh? Not sure if I understand. You can't fix something if you don't know it's broken... Equal is not necessarily...

You are right. By equality I mean equal rights and responsibilities. I think that continuing to point out differences inhibits movement toward the goal of legal, social and moral equality. There are physical, and emotional differences, but we already know that, so codifying them only reinforces the belief that those differences are significant enough to engender different treatment by society.