+45

"If you don't remember x, y, and z, and you're not born between these years, then you're not a real 90's kid." Why does it matter so much? If some see "90's kids" as a part of their identity, then, let them have that. Let people reminisce about the old good times. It's not even a big deal, especially not important enough to have so many heated debates. This is definitely not something to get mad about. Amirite?

fuzalas avatar Life
2 5
The voters have decided that fuzala is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Oh my God there was this one user who was going around for a few weeks leaving ridiculously long comments, so long they had to make it 2 comments, about which years people were born in and which generation they could classify themselves as.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are +6Reply

it's not as if you control the time you're born

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +2Reply

Exactly! Who cares when you were born? If you were born in 1998 but listen to Led Zeppelin, call yourself a 70s kid. It's not like you chose the year you were born. Why does being born in/growing up in an era make you HAVE to identify with a certain period?
I was born in 1994, and I love the 90s, they're my favourite decade. Sadly I only remember the late 90s with any clarity, but what I do remember I still love. Personally, I wish I had been born in the 70s so I could've been a teenager when grunge was popular.
I mean, if 10 years from now I run into someone that was born in 2004 calling themselves a 2000s kid, that's fine I'd let them. It doesn't effect me in anyway, nor does it make them any more or less of a person.

marsukai503s avatar marsukai503 Yeah You Are 0Reply