-14

I feel sorry for all kids born after the 90's. Kids these days will never know what it's like to not be constantly stimulated by the tv, computer, video games, cell phones, etc. Back in my day I dug holes and made castles out of construction paper. With pre-made apps, video games, and facebook, electronics don't leave too much room for imagination, amirite?

heythereilikeurhairs avatar News & Current Events
0 7
The voters have decided that heythereilikeurhair is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I think those born in any time period have something to feel sorry for

I bet those from the 80's feel that way about those in the 90's

I bet those born in this decade could say that they feel bad for those potential peeps born in the next decade because they don't have the benefits of x, y, and z

everyone misses out on something

@fuzala I think those born in any time period have something to feel sorry for I bet those from the 80's feel that way...

I said nothing about the 90's specifically. Just any kids born after the 90's will never experience the lack of constant stimulation. Never again will there be a moment where one can't get instant entertainment from a phone, whereas from 2000 and prior, there were many less electronic distractions.

Anyways, this is just what I was thinking. Nobody has to agree, obviously. lol.

so true. I posted this comment before but it works here as well...

Plato thoughts on "writing" from the Phaedrus: If men learn this, it will implant forgetfulness in their souls; they will cease to exercise memory because they rely on that which is written, calling things to remembrance no longer from within themselves, but by means of external marks.

For the record, when I was a kid we had no color TV, no microwave ovens, no cell phones, no vcr (let alone dvd or blue ray), no computers...toys were made out of metal (not plastic). Music was on tape or vinyl records, and movies were on film, pictures were on paper and research was done with books (printed encyclopedias). [and we waked to school - up hill each way smile smilie].

I too wonder, as Plato did and OP does, how these kids will learn to be creative, but I am sure they will.

@VicZinc so true. I posted this comment before but it works here as well... Plato thoughts on "writing" from the Phaedrus:...

that's what my dad says

when I was in school
I had to walk so far
in the mud
with no shoes
and if I was late
they poured water on me
and I sat shivering in my seat

The main thing I feel sorry for is the way cartoon network is set up for them. I can argue all day on how the quality of most of todays shows suck, but it would still just be my opinion. However, it is a FACT that cartoon network has less of a variety of cartoons as they did 10 years ago. I see the same old stuff on there when I turn on the tv. Needs more variety.