+94

No matter how much Life can suck there will always be a reason to go on.

BDubs avatar
2 5

Not always. I plan on killing myself once I stop being able to take care of myself. What will be my reason to go on? I'll be a burden to my family and friends, depressed out of my mind because I can't function alone, and close to dying anyway.

Mike_Hawks avatar Mike_Hawk Disagree +4Reply
@Mike_Hawk Not always. I plan on killing myself once I stop being able to take care of myself. What will be my reason to...

True... gotta watch that always, OP.

I know OP was probably referring more towards depression or sadness but I could understand why someone with a terminal illness would want to go ahead and cut their life short, like how Mike mentioned.

I hate that cereal, tried it and my life did go on.

But the reasons so not go on can still outweigh them. There's always a reason to commit a crime, but there are usually better reasons to not commit the crime.

@B10ckH34d But the reasons so not go on can still outweigh them. There's always a reason to commit a crime, but there are...

Hah, I like that logic!

OP, you can always make a reason to go on. The will to live for as long as possible could be one of these reasons. Ergo, you will technically always have a reason to go on, but blockhead offers a very good counter to that.