+5

When you hear someone complain about work as they sit in their cushioned chair, in an air-conditioned building, you think to yourself, at least they're not digging ditches, in the desert getting shot at or starving in some third-world country. Amirite?

tyrannyvigilants avatar Jobs & Employment
0 4
The voters have decided that tyrannyvigilant is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I fucking hate it when people say shot like this. Just because there are people worse off it doesn't mean I have no right to complain. Also, the guy digging ditches in the dessert would probably complain about the same shit people with office jobs fo if he had an office job. So fuck you.

@I fucking hate it when people say shot like this. Just because there are people worse off it doesn't mean I have no...

It's probable that you've lived without want your whole life. It's unlikely that you've engaged in any of the above and you've built little if any character.

The shoe fits you so, you take great offense. You've the right to complain and I would never propose that anyone take that from you. And I've the right to call you a silly, angry little wanker. Good luck with that.

@tyrannyvigilant It's probable that you've lived without want your whole life. It's unlikely that you've engaged in any of the above...

Deflection is the sign of a man with no argument. I'll bet my left nut I've probably come from poorer conditions than most of the people on amirite, but that's not the point see. I'm grateful my parents worked their ass of to make a good life for me. I'm grateful I worked my ass off to get into college and get a job. But I'm not grateful because there are people worse off than me. Its arrogant to assume that just because I have more money than someone than I should be happier with my life.
Also, you're not the first person to come up with the stupid idea that one should be happy just because there are people more miserable. Sorry that I don't find my joy in the misery of others. I find it in my own successes, and my complaints are relative to that not to the worlds problems. That's why I find it idiotic when people trivialize others complaints by comparing them to global tragedies.

@Deflection is the sign of a man with no argument. I'll bet my left nut I've probably come from poorer conditions...

Well hell man, you've written MUCH that I respect and agree with (and some of which was meant to insult me, which I'm willing to look past).

Let's agree to disagree on this one and move forward. Appears we've got more in common than not.