+96

The equal signs all over Facebook are about as productive as the Kony t-shirts.

foolwithdreams_s avatar Politics
2 8

For some I don't think it's about how productive it will be, it's more them just wanting to show support. It might make some people of the LGBT community feel loved and supported if they see how many people care. It doesn't necessarily have to create major change.

FaaaMulaaans avatar FaaaMulaaan Disagree +12Reply
@FaaaMulaaan For some I don't think it's about how productive it will be, it's more them just wanting to show support. It might...

Spot on. People who I thought to be indifferent and even some who I had thought were against gay rights put the sign up. It made me feel really great and supported and hopeful. So much soon that I almost made a coming out status right then. Wasn't quite ready trout but that's the closest I've come.

tags avatar tag Disagree +4Reply
@tag Spot on. People who I thought to be indifferent and even some who I had thought were against gay rights put the...

My friend came out after seeing how many people he knew actually cared and supported the cause. Well, seeing as it made you feel so hopeful then I think it was in fact VERY "productive". Stay hopeful biggrin smilie

@1912618

I think some people just like to criticize anything that looks like a bandwagon on facebook. Just because it didn't help YOU in any way doesn't mean it didn't help anyone. Silly people.

KONY 2012, KONY 2012!!