+6

It's really hard to sing in front of an audience, because it reveals your soul to them, amirite?

Myranias avatar Music
0 9
The voters have decided that Myrania is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Plus I can't carry a tune.

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Yeah You Are +2Reply
@VicZinc Plus I can't carry a tune.

I see how that would make it harder, yes. I personally just changed to anonymously posting songs to youtube and sporadically send the link to friends.

Myranias avatar Myrania Yeah You Are +2Reply

I can't sing, but I feel the same way when I show someone a song I wrote for the first time. I feel like I'm exposing part of myself, and that I'm totally at the mercy of how that person reacts.

It really does put you out there. Which is pretty frightening to think about while you're trying to hit all the right notes at the right time. shock smilie

faithnamedmes avatar faithnamedme Yeah You Are +1Reply
@faithnamedme It really does put you out there. Which is pretty frightening to think about while you're trying to hit all the...

Exactly! When I actually try to sing for someone, I completely shut down. When after 30 minutes I finally DO manage to start singing, I stop about right away because I'm too scared I'll fail.

Myranias avatar Myrania Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Myrania Exactly! When I actually try to sing for someone, I completely shut down. When after 30 minutes I finally DO manage...

It certainly takes a lot of confidence. I quite admire people who can just sing in front of a large crowd. I've been working on singing in front of people, and it's slow work, but progress in the least. What I find works well is practicing in front of your friends or family, as they can be a great support and help you build confidence in yourself. smile smilie

@1912289

I admire you then ^^