-1

1610 isn't a good SAT score. amirite?

AdonisBatheuss avatar Education
0 14
The voters have decided that AdonisBatheus is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Depends on where you're interested in going to college.
I just got mine today online too!

SATs are a poor reflection of intelligence. There's so many confounding variables involved in them, and some people just aren't good test takers. My friend is BRILLIANT and she did very poorly on her SATs.

If you want to improve then study vocab words. It helps a lot with the reading comprehension and such.

It's certainly not horrible, if you're not happy with that though, aren't you able to take the test again?

Lens avatar Len No Way 0Reply
@Len It's certainly not horrible, if you're not happy with that though, aren't you able to take the test again?

I am able to take it again but fuck it was torture enough already, and studying never helped me with anything unless I studied literally an hour or less before the test. Cramming the night before will just lead me to forget it in the morning.

So there's not even a point.

@AdonisBatheus I am able to take it again but fuck it was torture enough already, and studying never helped me with anything...

I see your point, I've never been able to retain information unless I have a personal interest in the information. It's also just completely unappealing to take tests especially when they can mean so much.
But all that said it's worthwhile to retake it and hope for the best or perhaps even cram right before a test or something.

Or Hell, maybe I'm wrong. I don't know jack about college/university because the prospect of me ever going is unappealing and unlikely.

Lens avatar Len No Way 0Reply

I got an 1800 is that good it was my first time and I didn't know there would be an essay? ;_;

@shelbme I got an 1800 is that good it was my first time and I didn't know there would be an essay? ;_;

Don't worry, they barely look at the essay. But 1800 is good, especially for your first time. :) Are you a junior?

@eastcoast Don't worry, they barely look at the essay. But 1800 is good, especially for your first time. :) Are you a junior?

Yup, I suppose I'll retake them later. I want to ask if you've taken them but according to your profile you're going to college so I assume you have?

@shelbme Yup, I suppose I'll retake them later. I want to ask if you've taken them but according to your profile you're...

Yeah, I took them last year in June and never took them again haha. I got a 2000. I hate them though. I commented this below but I think they're a really bad indication of intelligence

@eastcoast Yeah, I took them last year in June and never took them again haha. I got a 2000. I hate them though. I commented...

Oh, cool. Yeah, it's kind of turned into sort of an enterprise, the way people can take classes to specifically become good at taking this one test, like if you pay money you have a better chance at doing well. I'm an idiot so I did literally no form of preparation for the SATs, and I still got a score that's above last year's average, according to google.

@shelbme Oh, cool. Yeah, it's kind of turned into sort of an enterprise, the way people can take classes to specifically...

Haha no the whole "preparation" thing is stupid, you're not an idiot. I didn't study at all. 1800 is definitely a good score and if you take them again it'll probably go up. The valedictorian in my school got an 1800 but then he applied to a bunch of ivy league schools and didn't get in. It was stupid

@eastcoast Haha no the whole "preparation" thing is stupid, you're not an idiot. I didn't study at all. 1800 is definitely a...

That's good to know, I thought I wasn't taking them seriously enough or something. What caught me by surprise was how long it was. Next time I'll be more mentally prepared for that aspect and hopefully I'll have more stamina or something. I just sort of gave up towards the end. hehe smilie
Anyway, thanks for telling me about this stuff, you're helpful.

@shelbme That's good to know, I thought I wasn't taking them seriously enough or something. What caught me by surprise was...

Hahaha! Yeah me too. My friend told me that in the last section she just filled in random answers.
But no problem! If you ever have any other college questions feel free to ask

That's around average. Yay average!