+14

When you know where you're going, how you go matters not. Amirite?

Image for post When you know where you're going,  how  you go matters not.   Amirite?
VicZincs avatar
2 16
The voters have decided that VicZinc is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@2207737

The ends don't justify anything. There is no justification for the journey either.

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Yeah You Are +1Reply

I know I'm going to go to an area to die
and it certainly matters how I go

I'd rather drown than have my face eaten off by a cannibal

I'm not going to vote though
because I feel like I'm missing something

oh looks like I already voted
that's odd wary smilie

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are 0Reply
@fuzala I know I'm going to go to an area to die and it certainly matters how I go I'd rather drown than have my face...

You might catch a train
You might catch a plane
If you have to walk, crawl, climb, or swim
You'll get there just the same

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Yeah You Are +3Reply
@fuzala you'll get there but all that in between stuff can have huge influences

"Where you're going" is your life's goal. You will (should) do what it takes to get there. It might take years, maybe your whole life - you may have many trials and tribulations - but don't give up, and you will eventually get there.

I am not talking about, "oh, I am going to the prom so should I rent a limo or ride my bike." It actually works here too. If that is your goal and you can't afford a limo, ride your bike.

Some people never "know" where they are going. Those that are lucky enough to figure it out will do what it takes to get there - the journey is important and does have "huge influences" but the destination is what you are striving for and if your path meanders, all the better for your growth, as long as you stay the course and continue to move toward your goal.

The animal pictured is a slow loris it moves slowly, carefully and silently in its search, to find food, and to avoid predators. Like a person with a mission, everything it does moves it steadily closer to its goal.

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Yeah You Are 0Reply
@VicZinc "Where you're going" is your life's goal. You will (should) do what it takes to get there. It might take years...

PHEW
it's a good thing I agreed from the get go
I got to the destination before I found a way in this case hehe smilie

of corse it matters. listen to me here. lets say you have set a goal for yourself to reach.... and by the time you get there you realize you have lost your personal values and then you see that things have changed by the time you got there. i donno its early i hope it makes sence ..im not bothered to read anc possibly correct what i wrote

@CombatSkill of corse it matters. listen to me here. lets say you have set a goal for yourself to reach.... and by the time you...

Nice point. I could have worded differently. I was not trying to imply it does not matter "what you do" to get there, I assumed that the traveler would maintain moral principles on the journey, I meant to imply it does not matter "however straight or circuitous" your route is.

Well, I plan to go to the moon. I guess I'll walk, or I could cycle, even a bus if I'm feeling really exuberant today.

@Skr3wBall Well, I plan to go to the moon. I guess I'll walk, or I could cycle, even a bus if I'm feeling really exuberant today.

Silly boy. You're options are limited, NASA, private company, Russia, China, how you go matters not, as long as you get there. Good luck. And post pictures here please.

@1913082

You are such a moralist. shh smilie

Seriously though, as I said above: the slow loris is a perfect example of an animal that sets its goals and moves steadfastly toward them. This picture seemed to exemplify the idea of having a goal in sight and carefully inching toward it. The fixed gaze and the measured reach appeared to me to add value.

You'll get there either way (in theory), but it still matters because it will affect what happens after that point, and how much happiness you had before that point, and how you view being at that point.

The journey is more important that the destination. The means can enhance or defeat the purpose of the end.

Right as hell

Tomass avatar Tomas Yeah You Are 0Reply