+18

Girls: It's really annoying when you have a legitimate reason to be upset and someone blames it on your period- especially when them blaming it on your period makes you even more noticeably upset so then they're even more sure you're only so upset because of your period, amirite?

Frank_n_Furters avatar
1 18
The voters have decided that Frank_n_Furter is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

it's even more annoying when they think that they've just said the funniest thing ever

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are 0Reply

One of the side effects of menstruation is grumpiness. Usually caused by hormone imbalances, or pain and cramps. This is natural. So although you may have a legitimate reason to be upset, you MAY be more upset than usual because you're on your period. Also natural. We're all slaves to our hormones. There is no shame in admitting this.
But even though there may be some truth in saying you're annoyed because of your period, the only reason someone would point that out is because they're been a dick.

@One of the side effects of menstruation is grumpiness. Usually caused by hormone imbalances, or pain and cramps...

It's been said multiple times when the person is not on her period

Also,
being upset ≠ "being a d***"

there may be overlap
but they're still separate

When you're not on your period (and even if you are, within reason) and they belittle your problems by writing them off as you being hormonal, it's kind of hurtful but not only that they're not taking responsibility for them being disrespectful. Also, not everyone gets PMS. But yes, the only reason someone would point it out is cuz they're being a dick.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Frank_n_Furter When you're not on your period (and even if you are, within reason) and they belittle your problems by writing them...

I was very careful to use words like may and some because I know not all women get PMS. I agree with all you said I just wanted to make the point that there is no shame in being hormonal during that time of the month. You can't control tour hormones.

You may never grasp the irony some of us observe in this post combined with your profile information: "I was a chubby toddler and threw world class temper tantrums. I've been told I'm an asshole. Like a lot. I think more than most people get told they're assholes. I don't think I'm an asshole. People always think I'm pissed off when I'm not."

@I am sorry for the previous comment I made tyranny.

No worries. She's come at me pretty hard a few other places. Hoping I'm not a permanent target now...

@tyrannyvigilant No worries. She's come at me pretty hard a few other places. Hoping I'm not a permanent target now...

I don't mean to come at you hard, I don't even recognize your user name. Like I say in my about me, people think I'm an asshole. I have no grasp of people's emotions or social constructs/rituals or tact- I test on the autism spectrum. I don't recall ever seeing your user name and I'm not going to remember it, so don't worry about becoming a "target." Although I have to point out, most people don't talk down on someone's intelligence in a sarky manner then get butt hurt and worry about becoming permanent targets when they "come at you hard"- that is one thing I do understand.

@1914817

Cuz they're on their period.

@tyrannyvigilant You may never grasp the irony some of us observe in this post combined with your profile information: "I was a...

Do I seem like someone who doesn't grasp the concept of irony? I do, but I'm not sure you do. Seeming like, or even actually being, an asshole and having a legitimate reason to be upset are completely different things, that isn't actually ironic.