0 + 0 = 0, 0 - 0 = 0 Would the atheist please explain to me from a mathematical view, how this equation can be TRUE when talking about the creation or existence of our Universe?

82% Are You Serious? 6% It Can't Be Done 12% Other
freespeechfreelancers avatar Religion
0 20

I'm genuinely curious as to if you're serious or not.

Not that every atheist believes in the Big Bang, I'm not even sure I believe in it myself, but the Big Bang theory doesn't state a bunch of matter exploding from NOTHING, all the matter in the universe started as one dense point, which isn't 0.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Are You Serious? +2Reply
@freespeechfreelancer The dense point HAD to come from somewhere......or did it create itself?

No idea. I'm not a scientist, and even scientists don't for sure know this question.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Are You Serious? 0Reply

I don't understand the point which you're trying to make. What do the zeros and the universe have in common?

@Wunderscore I don't understand the point which you're trying to make. What do the zeros and the universe have in common?

If you start with nothingness, and there is no god to spark somethingness, then you would still have nothingness.

Problem is, atheists do not start with nothingness. It is a theist notion.

So OP: your answer is infinity+nothing=infinity. Simple math.

@VicZinc If you start with nothingness, and there is no god to spark somethingness, then you would still have nothingness...

Oh, I understand. Thank you.

It's impossible to have nothing. There must have been something-ness before the universe, as we know it today, was created.

As a theist or creationist, I believe and assume it all started with God (He being eternally existent with no beginning or ending - per explanation in the Bible). No matter what the atheist starts with, it had to come from something, someone, or somewhere.

freespeechfreelancers avatar freespeechfreelancer Are You Serious? -1Reply
@VicZinc Good point. Where did your god come from?

According to Himself, He is eternal and always was. I have to accept that by faith and take Him at His word. The atheist has to take by faith that matter, space, and time always existed on their own. Both systems require faith - and yes, even an amount of BLIND faith.

freespeechfreelancers avatar freespeechfreelancer Are You Serious? -2Reply
@freespeechfreelancer According to Himself, He is eternal and always was. I have to accept that by faith and take Him at His word. The...

Well whatever floats your boat. I answered your question, or at least (hopefully) pointed out its irrelevance. 0+0 is a misnomer because (as you claim) something always existed. If it was your god or the universe you claim he created. Either way, a person only needs blind faith if she cares where it came from. I personally prefer to try to behave toward others the same way Christ did, the way Socrates, Gandhi, Carter, Mandela and other humanitarians did and do. No need for a god, no need for faith. My equation is: humans + love = happiness.

@VicZinc Well whatever floats your boat. I answered your question, or at least (hopefully) pointed out its irrelevance...

The same way Christ did? Have you read what He claimed about Himself in the Bible? He claimed deity and had the power to forgive sins. And as far as I know, He was the ONLY person who died for the sins of the world.

freespeechfreelancers avatar freespeechfreelancer Are You Serious? -3Reply
@freespeechfreelancer The same way Christ did? Have you read what He claimed about Himself in the Bible? He claimed deity and had the...

Repeat: I personally prefer to try to behave toward others the same way Christ did...

And please provide the chapter and verse where he claims deity, I must have missed that.

The atheist DOES start with nothing, and still holds to nothing. If the god spark you refer to is my somethingness, then what is your somethingness? Matter, space, time? All required a beginning. But you use a ready made world to start with and never do get around to saying who witnessed the beginning and proving where the substance or stuff of all life came from.

@freespeechfreelancer The atheist DOES start with nothing, and still holds to nothing. If the god spark you refer to is my somethingness...

We already had this conversation.

If your god sparked it off - where did (s)he come from?

Was your god always there?

If you can claim your god was always there, then I claim my universe was always there.

What's the difference?

I think you should give more information before anyone else explains

@fuzala I think you should give more information before anyone else explains

More information about what? My post was in response to an atheistic statement.

@freespeechfreelancer More information about what? My post was in response to an atheistic statement.

well I guess I should speak for myself then

I never heard this addition and subtraction with zeros in relation to creation and the universe