+5

If deviancy is not a choice then why would someone not choose it?

VicZincs avatar Life
1 7

because he/she feels like rebelling
or maybe he/she is feeling creative
or colorful

oh never mind
your nots threw me off

@1915167

for comfort
to fit in
gain approval
etc.
etc.

I can't think of a situation that fits into this where someone doesn't have a choice with the exception of having someone hold a gun to your head

@fuzala for comfort to fit in gain approval etc. etc. I can't think of a situation that fits into this where someone...

What are you writing about? If there is a true norm (and because we are all different/unique) we have no choice but to deviate from the norm. Different faces/likes/styles/tastes/on-and-on.
We have no choice but to deviate.
But some people are bound-and-determined to not be different (even when they have no choice in the matter.)

If deviancy was not a choice, then technically it would be impossible for someone to choose it (or not choose it).

@PhilboydStudge If deviancy was not a choice, then technically it would be impossible for someone to choose it (or not choose it).

Technicalities. We cannot help but deviate from the norm - it is the nature of randomness of the universe.

But everywhere I look I see people (you and me included) who just want to be "normal".

People avoid deviancy like it was the plague and it is just the natural state of being. Does this make sense?

@VicZinc Technicalities. We cannot help but deviate from the norm - it is the nature of randomness of the universe. But...

I think. You're saying everyone should stop trying to be normal, and just surrender to their true deviant nature. Is that about right?