0

Watching the cooking channel is always a bad idea when your in college.

Qeezs avatar Education
0 5

It's a bad idea for me at any time.

...unless you're in school to be a chef.

@SkylarOctavious ...unless you're in school to be a chef.

That would be culinary school, as far as i know cooking is not typically offered in a college curriculum... but i could be wrong, as i have never actually looked into the matter.

@Qeez That would be culinary school, as far as i know cooking is not typically offered in a college curriculum... but i...

d smilie are you implying that "culinary school" isn't college? Because that would be wrong. I mean no, if you're studying to be an engineer, you're definitely not going to be taking international cuisine or quantity procedures etc.
Also, I do get the point of the post, in fact I thought it was funny. I disagreed simply because it does not apply to me.

@SkylarOctavious are you implying that "culinary school" isn't college? Because that would be wrong. I mean no, if you're...

Lol, I don't mean anything negative by it. I've never thought about it all that much, but I just typically think of them as different institutions. This is simply because we call one college and the other school.

I will be the first to state that i am not sure what actually defines a college, and culinary school may very well be a college.

However, i associate a college with something unspecific in its design, meaning you can enter and choose from a wide variety of skills. Whereas, for me, a "school" offers a rigid course line intended to teach you something, i.e. non-lenient in its design. In this sense Culinary school only offers cooking, law school only offers law, med school only offers medicine. So its not that i'm looking down on culinary school, because I don't really think of med and law school as colleges either.

Also, the existence culinary students kind of ruins the concept of my joke. which makes me sad :(