+16

Never regret anything that has happened in your life, because it can't be changed, undone, or forgotten. So it's better to take it as a lesson learned and move on. amirite?

ChronicRoses avatar
0 6
The voters have decided that ChronicRose is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

You can regret something and still learn from it.

@shelbme You can regret something and still learn from it.

Exactly. Why would I even feel like I should learn to not do it again if I didn't regret it?

@Frank_n_Furter Exactly. Why would I even feel like I should learn to not do it again if I didn't regret it?

To me regret has a long term intensity. I can feel bad or be sorry I did something, learn the lesson and move on. Regret seems too permanent - maybe it's just my interpretation of that word.

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Yeah You Are 0Reply
@VicZinc To me regret has a long term intensity. I can feel bad or be sorry I did something, learn the lesson and move on...

I think it's just your interpretation of the word, I'll check though. Googles definition A feeling of sadness, repentance, or disappointment over something that has happened or been done. So it's not necessarily long term by definition, but it could be in some cases.

You are saying the shopworn phrase "I can forgive but I can't forget" is BS and I agree.