+6

Dear graphic designers, in order to save nerves and time, never let the client dictate/alter your designs.

CombatSkills avatar Jobs & Employment
0 6

I didn't go into commercial art for this very reason. I love drawing and painting, but I have trouble doing it on demand - especially when people are sharing their vision of what it should look like when it's finished. I remember being asked 'why don't you make a sketch of a kitten for your niece'? Because it will turn out like shit and I'll feel worse about the results than you will.

Ha ha. I would agree but you also have to say "never charge for your work." It is so frustrating, I had to be restrained once because of a last minute design change (coding) I would have knocked that d-bag senseless. Much more mellow now in my old age than I was as a 30 year old.

ooo so you are a fellow colleague in the web development field? you fully understand me, how much nerves i waste for nothing.

@CombatSkill ooo so you are a fellow colleague in the web development field? you fully understand me, how much nerves i waste...

Past tense - I was in program design before the web was a real thing. I used to code in Pascal for DOS on Novell Netware intranets in the 80s, believe it or not.

@CombatSkill of course i believe it man :) you must have a solid background.

Perhaps but no foreground. I haven't written a line of code in the last 20 years.