+14

It's aggravating how people usually only know the lead singers name in a band when they are probably the ones doing the least amount of work compared to the other musicians in the band

Fanatics avatar Entertainment & Hobbies
0 11

In all fairness, they are meant to be the face and voice of the band.

It does become less apparent when you start going into other genres. I listen to a ton of Death Metal. Skill is one of the biggest things people look for, and vocalists aren't usually as noticed as drummers and guitarists. Unfortunately, Death Metal musicians are only appreciated by fans of the genre or those that play the instrument.

I agree that it's aggravating when someone only knows the lead singer, but I don't agree with that last part. Least amount of work? That's a major assumption, and I'm guessing a little biased.

@TenorSounds I agree that it's aggravating when someone only knows the lead singer, but I don't agree with that last part. Least...

It is a little biased and I'm sure it's not true in all cases. I know that singers do work in bands and most of the time they have talent. I just think the other musicians put more work into it a lot of the time. Maybe that's just me

@Fanatic It is a little biased and I'm sure it's not true in all cases. I know that singers do work in bands and most of the...

I'm curious, what do you mean by "work"? Practice? Management (of the band)? How hard it is to "use" their "instrument"?

Edit: Hehe, hard...use...instrument...

I don't know how else to put it other than I don't feel whole not knowing the other members' names.