News & Current Events
2 21

I couldn't decide between Mingus and Mingus so I didn't vote.

I like how Mavis, Severine, and Mingus are on there twice.

None of these. These names are shit.

MY favourite is Thor, but I'm not so sadistic as to actually name my kid Thor. I want to name my first born son something starting with a D because my last name is Yap so his initials will be DY, the chemical symbol for dysprosium.

It's not my favourite element, but it's the only one with a symbol ending in a Y. MY top choices are Dylan, Darren, and Daryl.

Is this list a joke or .....

Mavis sounds smart. Like a girl who could teach me how to type.

I like the name Christian for a boy. But if I had more to choose than from my list, I want my boy to be named Demitri.

BuddyCakess avatar BuddyCakes Christian +3Reply

My sister's name is Mavis, so that one's my favorite goo smilie

"from the list"
"Other"

"Marlowe" sounds like the dog's name in "Marley and Me"

"Christian" would be really stupid if the child's not Christian (though even if he were, it'd still be really stupid)

"Nelly" sound really homely and like "neigh"

"Mavis" sounds like like "meevis" ("small penis")

"Thor" is a Norse god. You don't name your kid after a Norse god (or any god, really). You just don't.

"Bruce" is already taken by Bruce Wayne

"Severine" sounds like "Severus" (and it has "sever", which is really morbid)

"Mingus" sounds like some fungal STD

"Wilder" is a fucking adjective

"Phaedra" sounds like "ephedra" (the plant used to make ephedrine, which is used to make meth)

"Linnea" is pretty much taken by "Linneaus"

marlowe is like harlowe which is one of my fav names.
i want to name my future daughter taryn harlowe-chicago because the initials would be thc...well thcb with my last name but whatever

Renesmee should be in there

I pity the kids that will recive these names. A scenario I can imagine.

'Mom where did you get my name from?'
'Oh Christian, simply from a porn novel inspired by twilight'

@Izzie_23 I pity the kids that will recive these names. A scenario I can imagine. 'Mom where did you get my name from?' 'Oh...

Or from the great allegorical tale "The Pilgrim's Progress". At least Christian is one of the most normal names on the list. I would hate to be called any of the other names.

@PipPipCheerio Or from the great allegorical tale "The Pilgrim's Progress". At least Christian is one of the most normal names on...

Yeah I don't know that story but I thought it would be worse to describe to your kid. The other names are bad but if you ask where the name Thor comes from at least its a god and its not weird to think of your parents reading the book/ seeing the movie