freespeechfreelancers avatar Countries & Places
1 45
The voters have decided that freespeechfreelancer is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I'd say I'm an emotional person
but none of that happened to me

maybe I'm not in a sentimental mood

fuzalas avatar fuzala No Way +2Reply
@freespeechfreelancer Go have a glass of wine and try it again!

I can't
I'm Muslim

we don't have a drop of liquor in the house

fuzalas avatar fuzala No Way +1Reply
@fuzala I can't I'm Muslim we don't have a drop of liquor in the house

Same here! twinsies
(About the wine, not the Muslim part. I'm actually nonreligious, but my Muslim roots prevent me from going near alcohol)

@Altoid_Freak_250 Same here! twinsies (About the wine, not the Muslim part. I'm actually nonreligious, but my Muslim roots prevent...

LOL...........we are all able to believe and choose as we wish. BTW - I never did like Altoids! LOL

@freespeechfreelancer LOL...........we are all able to believe and choose as we wish. BTW - I never did like Altoids! LOL

True.

Haha you don't? I really only like the cinnamon ones. The rest are okay, but the cinnamon kind are the only ones I eat.

@Altoid_Freak_250 True. Haha you don't? I really only like the cinnamon ones. The rest are okay, but the cinnamon kind are the only...

Those would be the ones I would especially stay away from! Amazing what choices do to and for us.

Are you serious? Wine is not considered "liquor" and I did not know Muslims could not drink wine.

@fuzala wine has alcohol no booze for me

So no Muslim ever drinks any alcohol ever? Not even for celebration or medical purposes?

@freespeechfreelancer So no Muslim ever drinks any alcohol ever? Not even for celebration or medical purposes?

well of course
just because it's forbidden
doesn't mean someone won't do it

celebration: no
medicinal purposes: maybe

Mormons don't drink either

@fuzala well of course just because it's forbidden doesn't mean someone won't do it celebration: no medicinal purposes:...

LOL....so laws really were made to be broken! I am really intrigued. I have never heard this so I just had my learning moment for the today. Thanks for sharing with me.

@freespeechfreelancer LOL....so laws really were made to be broken! I am really intrigued. I have never heard this so I just had my...

HEY
I never drank
ever

and you're welcome biggrin smilie

I see that you're Christian

Mormons are Christian too and they don't drink
can you explain that to me?

@fuzala HEY I never drank ever and you're welcome I see that you're Christian Mormons are Christian too and...

My studies and understanding of the Scriptures is that we are not to be involved in "drunkenness." Having a little wine "for thy stomach's sake" and doing "all things in moderation" are things we are doing RESPONSIBLY. We are to have enough sense to know when to stop. The alcohol is not evil - the abuse of it is. A person can drink too much water and actually die - so the lesson is be wise and responsible. Jesus did drink wine, and I highly doubt that it was unfermented (many staunch conservative groups teach such). Hope this helps.

@freespeechfreelancer My studies and understanding of the Scriptures is that we are not to be involved in "drunkenness." Having a little...

well different periods had different rules

for example
siblings could marry at one point

for example
Adam and Eve's children

but nowadays
sibling marriage is forbidden

About Jesus:
Muslims don't believe that Jesus drank wine

about water:
drinking a glass of water and a glass of wine are two different things

harm from drinking alcohol is much much higher than harm from drinking water

plus, water is a necessity while wine is not

@fuzala well different periods had different rules for example siblings could marry at one point for example Adam and...

I won't split hairs with you. I was raised in the strictest of households and religious settings. I KNOW all too well the issues that divide Christians, and it does more harm than good. I have watched churches split over petty insignificant issues - and sad to say, this is why many who don't go to church won't. They see the fussing and fighting in the churches and they can get that at home or on the job.
But I will throw out a "food for thought" comment. If you think that by NOT doing a list of don'ts is making God happy or pleasing Him, then you might want to rethink your view of Him and even your relationship to Him. It is NOT what WE do or don't do that He is looking for - it is WHO we know and what HE has already done for us!

@freespeechfreelancer I won't split hairs with you. I was raised in the strictest of households and religious settings. I KNOW all too...

HEY
we're not splitting hairs
this is important stuff
and a learning experience

for example
I didn't know that some Christians believe that Jesus drank whine

this isn't about division for me
I just wanna know more about what others believe
and share what I believe as well

there's are several similarities between religions

@fuzala HEY we're not splitting hairs this is important stuff and a learning experience for example I didn't know that...

That's cool. I can talk God, Bible, religion, Christianity all day and night. I have just learned when to be assertive and when to let things slide. I too, love to learn new things. I am pretty new on this sight but have noticed there is some kind of private chat feature. I have not used it yet, but would be nice to know how and probably there for times like this when 2 people just want to pick each other's brains on a topic.

@freespeechfreelancer That's cool. I can talk God, Bible, religion, Christianity all day and night. I have just learned when to be...

you can click the username
and under there photo/avatar
there's a send message button

that should do it

@fuzala you can click the username and under there photo/avatar there's a send message button that should do it

Well let's try that when we are both available. I am doing all my posting at work. I have lots of down time that allows me to do such. I work a double shift tomorrow 4pm - 12pm then 12am - 8am, so would have plenty of time to discuss anything you like.

@fuzala alright then I can wait

One last thing before I shut down for tonight. Are you going to get in some kind of trouble by talking? I am extremely sensitive to the faith and beliefs of others, and I thought that Muslim women were not allowed to speak to men (not trying to be mean or ugly here at all). Is that true or what?

@freespeechfreelancer One last thing before I shut down for tonight. Are you going to get in some kind of trouble by talking? I am...

my messages are public
so it won't be in secret and whatnot

also, it's when the conversation is informal
like no flirting
things like that

I talk to my professor about topics
I talk to my boss

@freespeechfreelancer If we went in to a private chat session we would not be public.

it would be public because I have my messages on public

if you go to my profile and scroll down
you'll be able to see the messages I exchanged with various users on this site

I'll even give you the link:
http://www.amirite.com/user/fuzala/messages

Oh, and NO, I am not sure why the Mormons don't drink. I know they are very strict though and I guess they believe God is happier if they are not doing some things. Jesus taught we are to be IN this world, but we are not OF it. We must live among fellow human beings, rub shoulders with them, share in common experiences. But our REAL home is not in this world. It is where He now is. We will one day go to join Him and finally be "home."

Maybe i'm just heartless. Or unpatriotic.

Still an American even if I don't. I don't react emotionally to most things.

To anyone who clicks the link, scroll down to where you can click on the picture with the arrow to play. Be prepared for a really great "feel good" moment.

I was raised in the 60's and heavily indoctrinated in truth, justice and the American way. To this day I cannot sing the National Anthem or say the Pledge of Allegiance without getting choked up. Perhaps it was the size of the video or the quality of the sound system but it did nothing for me. That is unusual. I cannot listen to Kate Smith singing God Bless America without bawling my eyes out.

@VicZinc I was raised in the 60's and heavily indoctrinated in truth, justice and the American way. To this day I cannot...

We really are starting to find common ground. And thanks for LOVING one of my posts. I too well up with tons of emotion and a sense of pride just seeing our flag. It is what is stands for and knowing how many men and women paid the price for our freedom so we could be and do as we choose. To this day I want to hurt someone real bad when our flag is burned and trampled. We have allowed that to go on far too long.
They played this on the radio earlier today, and I had to pull my vehicle over to the side of the road as I heard the crowd join in. The man who led that said it has never happened in like the 30 years he has been doing it. I just thought it would be a great thing to share. We need more common bonds in this day and age to offset all the crap being thrown at and handed out to us.

I finally read your profile............heavy duty stuff on the books and movies. Let's talk music some time. That is one of my true passions.

@1918495

There are plenty of "unAmerican" things going on in this country for sure. I have no problem with foreigners being in our country - as long as they are here LEGALLY. But our laws have become so lax and there is no push or desire to enforce the laws we have. Politics and Political Correctness are sucking us down the drain, and it is a real shame.
And if we don't get these terrorist cells and groups rounded up and removed, they will be our undoing. They hate our country and our ways. They have one goal and purpose for living and that is to take down as many Americans as they possibly can.

Thanks for posting! I had not seen that before. I had goosebumps before they started singing. To me, the moving thing about this video is seeing people come together... a show of solidarity against senseless evil.

@PhilboydStudge Thanks for posting! I had not seen that before. I had goosebumps before they started singing. To me, the moving...

You got it! I watched it again twice today and it tears me apart every time. This country has got to stand and band together right now because we are witnessing a transformation like never before. Key issues, ideas, and foundational principles of our country's founding are being challenged and eroded. We have outright crooks in the White House who do things most of us would not even consider doing. This country really is the last great beacon in the world, and if we allow this ship to sink then we will lose so many great things.