+41

While all humans have to right to equivalency in human rights, the law, and intelligence, genders are inherently unequal. This is not implying one is superior to the other, but that males and females are naturally different in terms of thought and other aspects.

comedic_philosophers avatar Politics
3 22

genders are different but each is equal to the other
we're all human

the treatment, however, is definitely unequal in many cases

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree +10Reply
@fuzala genders are different but each is equal to the other we're all human the treatment, however, is definitely unequal...

I agree. What I was thinking about was men and women think slightly differently because of natural brain neurology.

@comedic_philosopher I agree. What I was thinking about was men and women think slightly differently because of natural brain neurology.

that's what I mean

the ways of thinking
the physical traits
etc.

they're different but equal

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree +4Reply
@Watchful_questioneer So how exactly does it signify inequality?

Inequality meaning that they aren't on the same page.

@comedic_philosopher Inequality meaning that they aren't on the same page.

Well if they're not on the same page, doesn't one have to be farther ahead and the other farther behind?

@comedic_philosopher No. If you read the comments, you'll see that unequal means that they are different

Well, it's what you meant, but it's not what it means. I agree with what you meant, but not with what you said. I'll refrain from voting, hence.

Also, where did you hear that women's emotional parts of the brain are linked to the speech center but men's aren't?

@Watchful_questioneer Well, it's what you meant, but it's not what it means. I agree with what you meant, but not with what you said...

Women's are more connected because it would allow for better child nurturing. That's my girls are more prone to expressing emotions and being sensitive than men

He never actually said it was, only that they had a right to be. They're equal in regards to importance and potential, but not in every single aspect of their existence (which would be necessary to consider them equal). I think you're seeing the word "equal" as pertaining solely to the most common characteristic referred to for whatever thing the word is describing, when reality it's necessary for every trait to be exactly the same for two things to be equal.

But it is not that ALL females have certain neurologic traits and ALL men have another. There are trends but EACH person is different. Some people with female plumbing might have thought process that are considered "traditionally male" and vise versa. We can't generalize and say all men are spatially oriented and all women have empathy. It doesn't work that way.

If not equal, then one has to be less and one has to be greater. I agree with what I'm assuming your overall point is but disagree with how you phrased it.

I agree that there are inherent differences. But the inherent differences are absolutely nothing like what society makes them out to be. They're much more basic and fundamental, and much less incriminating of either gender.

The emotion center of the brain is connected to the speech center of the brain in women but not in men. That's one example