A windowless room has 3 lightbulbs. You are outside the room with 3 switches, each controlling one of the lightbulbs. If you can only enter the room one time, how can you determine which switch controls which lightbulb?

0 8

Leave one on for awhile, then turn it off and another on. One light will be off, one will be on and one will be off, but still warm

Stand outside the room and look through the door.

Alternatively, send someone else in and tell them to tell you in which order the bulbs light up and you flip them in sequence.

Uhhhhh this is stupid

Somebody got a book of puzzles. How cute.

turn em all on then enter

I don't know if I read it wrong or not, but from what I understand, it sounds like you can just flip on the first light switch and just walk into the room to see which light turned on. And then do the same with the other two.

@abbeyd I don't know if I read it wrong or not, but from what I understand, it sounds like you can just flip on the first...

if you can only enter the room one time
you leave one on for a long time one on for a bit and don't turn one on, walk in and check how hot each one is. Riddle solved

On another note, this is not an opinion and should not be on the homepage, way to go, mods.