+2

Relationships are a lot like yard sales, they look really fun from a couple hundred feet away, but then you realize it’s just a bunch of crap you don’t need.

alex55s avatar Relationships
1 1

In general, my relationships haven't been full of crap I didn't need. Maybe like 2 have been. But then again, I notice I don't date as much as most the other people I know, I'm picky about who I get into a relationship with and I take relationships very seriously. Not to say other people don't take them seriously, but to me a relationship is about sharing a life with someone, so it's less about just someone you have fun with than most people my age. I stay single for 6 plus months at a time, and usually when I've dated someone we date for the better part of a year to a couple of years, I've only had one really short relationship,lasted 3 months, and for my peers 3 months is about the average length they date someone. And all of my friends try setting me up with people because I stay single so long, they don't understand I'm not just looking for someone to like in a romantic way and have fun with because that's what a relationship is to them, so that's probably why theirs are filled with more crap than mine.