+25

There is no "right" or "wrong" magic number of how often people should engage in sexual activity within a week or month's time period. Amirite?

freespeechfreelancers avatar Life
0 32
The voters have decided that freespeechfreelancer is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I'm happy with 1-3 times a week. My girlfriend thinks 3 times in one week is pushing it, so we'll settle for twice if we're able.
But there's usually about two weeks a month we can't have sex at all. If our periods ever sinc up that will change.

@pikabeau I'm happy with 1-3 times a week. My girlfriend thinks 3 times in one week is pushing it, so we'll settle for twice...

I did not know so many people would openly share the frequency of their sex lives, but I am ok with it.
And those 2 weeks out of a month you are referring to are not "forbidden" non sexual times. I know for a fact and from experience that it can be just as wonderful - and in some cases, even more so.

@freespeechfreelancer I did not know so many people would openly share the frequency of their sex lives, but I am ok with it. And those...

It seems for many women an orgasm relieves cramps. It's just that for many it is hard to be romantic when they are cramping. I have known some who really enjoy period sex. Some who don't like the "mess" and are happy to use a tampon, avoid intercourse, and enjoy other positions instead.

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Yeah You Are 0Reply
@VicZinc It seems for many women an orgasm relieves cramps. It's just that for many it is hard to be romantic when they...

That was my inference - "some who really enjoy period sex" - and some are actually more sexually driven and compelled during such time.

I am very "sexually driven" on my period, but the thought of period sex grosses me out. When my girlfriend is on hers she would rather snuggle. It might not be forbidden, but we choose not to partake. It works for us.

It took me a second to realize you were a girl and a lesbian. smh

I think that's one of the reasons I couldn't swing that way. It's enough putting up with my own period. Best of luck to you gals though.

Aubss avatar Aubs Yeah You Are 0Reply

I waited till very late to post this allowing time for all the boys and girls to be in bed sleeping. This topic is frequently debated and I have read a great deal about it. If you care to discuss, please do. If you wish to mention how often you engage or practice sex, feel free to do that as well. I will start the ball rolling by stating that presently, at least once a day. I will leave it at that.

@freespeechfreelancer I waited till very late to post this allowing time for all the boys and girls to be in bed sleeping. This topic is...

It varies by season I think. One of my favorite poems was by Dr. Asimov:
=====
In the springtime
a young man's fancy
often turns to what
throughout the year the old man's mind
has never once forgot
=====
It's good to be old.

I've never read anything about how much people "should" have sex, I think it would be an interesting read, could you provide some links?

It depends on the time of the month and how long I've been without sex. If it's been a while, I tend to want it more often, about every 2 days at least. Once I've got a frequent sex partner, it lowers. I have a pretty low sex drive, I think. I usually only am willing to have sex every 4-7 days at most but I'm happier with about once a week to every week and a half, but that number lowers right before my period and right after it to about every 2-4 days

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Frank_n_Furter I've never read anything about how much people "should" have sex, I think it would be an interesting read, could...

I won't do your homework for you, but I will get you started. I have watched lots of shows that discuss this like Dr. Phil, The View, etc. (most any daytime morning shows hit it at some point) as well as talk radio shows like Dr. Laura, Dr. Ruth, etc. My point is - there truly is NO number. Finding a compatible partner is key and matching as many likes, dislikes, interests, and sex drive. My first wife would have been happy with once a month. I am a daily person - so, we did not click. Experts say the 2 greatest sources of contention in relationships are: MONEY & SEX. So those 2 need to be agreed upon.
http://www.kinseyinstitute.org/resources/FAQ.html

I've managed to have a really good relationship for almost 9 months with nothing.

Not by choice, but we manage.

BuddyCakess avatar BuddyCakes Yeah You Are 0Reply
@freespeechfreelancer Time to expand the choices!

We have distance between us. And he can't drive yet. -_- So I don't see him much.

Also, parents won't let me drive there, and we get very limited alone time when we do see eachother.

@BuddyCakes We have distance between us. And he can't drive yet. -_- So I don't see him much. Also, parents won't let me...

OOPS........sounds like you have to get the "adult" thing going first! I remember those younger years all too well.

@freespeechfreelancer OOPS........sounds like you have to get the "adult" thing going first! I remember those younger years all too well.

Yeaaaah. I really don't mind all too much.

We'd have less problems if he got a damn license, because my parents wouldn't have a problem with him visiting me.

@BuddyCakes Yeaaaah. I really don't mind all too much. We'd have less problems if he got a damn license, because my parents...

Well, be patient. Time will take care of those issues. You are only young once. When you hit the REAL big time world, there is more than enough drama to go around.

@freespeechfreelancer Well, be patient. Time will take care of those issues. You are only young once. When you hit the REAL big time...

Oh, I know. I'm content with waiting. The real world will hit me soon enough. I only have one semester left if school.

@BuddyCakes Oh, I know. I'm content with waiting. The real world will hit me soon enough. I only have one semester left if school.

Hang in there and learn all you can. Once you hit the fast track, you never look back. You spend the rest of your life trying to reach backwards reclaiming all the things you wished you had done or learned.

My optimal amount of sex would be "as often as possible". When I was in a relationship, we had sex anywhere between two and seven times per day. To anyone who is remotely familiar with me, it is no surprise that I am clearly a sex addict.

However, all of my other issues keep the number of times I have sex per month hovering at zero.

Mike_Hawks avatar Mike_Hawk Yeah You Are 0Reply
@freespeechfreelancer A sex addict at a zero per month batting average sounds like massive frustration to me.

I masturbate a lot. It's also torture going into public where one may find a bunch of attractive women. I feel like an alcoholic who can't drink walking into a liquor store.

Mike_Hawks avatar Mike_Hawk Yeah You Are +1Reply

My record is 8 in one afternoon. She had 13 or 14 Os. It was about a 5 hour session.
I whack every morning and every night and have sex 2 or 3 times a week with the wife. She helps me whack every day but can't take all that poking.

@ErasmusB_FurmanSmall My record is 8 in one afternoon. She had 13 or 14 Os. It was about a 5 hour session. I whack every morning and...

Wow, I've never met anyone who beat my record of seven times in one day. Impressive! How did you feel afterward? I was really sore and shooting complete blanks. My ex was a beast; at least twice a day, every day, and she still wanted more than I did. It was scary.

Stereotypically, it's usually the guy always "begging" for sex and the girl not wanting to "put out". I, however, like to be the one who decides (and masturbation's cool too). Although, I don't think I could compete with someone who only wanted it once every two weeks or so. That's probably my personal limit. But anything within that boundary, and I can effectively be the one who says, "nahh.. I'm not in the mood tonight," until she can't stand it anymore.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are -1Reply
@StickCaveman Stereotypically, it's usually the guy always "begging" for sex and the girl not wanting to "put out". I, however...

I really enjoy hearing the different takes on the topic. It is extremely fascinating. And there really is no right or wrong on this topic. It is preference on part of the 2 people engaging. Some people have high drive, some medium, and some near death. And finding someone compatible in this area is probably one of the more difficult - but it can be done.

This comment was deleted.
@1921457

Well that is fine by me. But there is somebody out there who probably believes very similarly to yourself and would be your match. And that is a joy worth finding.