+66

You're similar to your parents, whether you like to admit it or not, amirite?

lt2010s avatar Life
0 8
The voters have decided that lt2010 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I like admitting it. I think genetics are neat and find it incredibly interesting how you can pick up personality traits from certain family members.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +3Reply
@StickCaveman I like admitting it. I think genetics are neat and find it incredibly interesting how you can pick up personality...

I've never really been around my dad except for a few occasions that were few and far between (he's a jailbird) but apparently we're strangely similar. We both take clean laundry from the dryer, scrunch it up, and shove our face into it and inhale deeply, we both throw things when we're mad, and when we're really mad, we both meticulously destroy thing (he doesn't do either anymore, but he used to. Hopefully I too will one day learn to not break my own shit when I'm pissed off), we make the same expression and run our fingers through our hair and almost cry when we're stressed, we both avoid emotional conflict like the plague, we both hate being told how to do something (most people do, but me and him seem to hate it more than most people and will flip shit when someone doesn't let up about it), we're interested in the same kind of science, disinterested in the same type of science, like the same kind of movies, books, it's weird.

I am pretty much a carbon copy of my dad.

ThisBlackChicks avatar ThisBlackChick Yeah You Are +1Reply
@ThisBlackChick I am pretty much a carbon copy of my dad.

Me too. If I were male instead of female, I would feel as if he were hydra and reproduced asexually; that's how similar we are.

I'm a mixture of my mom and dad. I'm overly emotional like my mom, but simultaneously easy-going like my dad. I love books and art like my mom, whereas my dad is more hands-on and loves carpentry and cooking. I have my dad's short temper and my mom's ability to accept my own emotions. Even in my appearance I'm an even mixture of both of them.

eastcoasts avatar eastcoast Yeah You Are 0Reply

I look much more like my dad than my mom, but I act more like my mom. Although, really, I look most like my dad's brother and act like my mom's sister, though I didn't grow up around either of those people.

Wunderscores avatar Wunderscore Yeah You Are 0Reply