-10

People on this site have no clue what it is like to be poor.

ErasmusB_FurmanSmalls avatar People & Celebrities
0 4

There is a wide variety of people on here
Definitely those who have experienced true poverty at least at one point in their life

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree +6Reply

I see your point to some extent. but what Fuzala said: all kinds of people here. Some of the posts make you wonder if the poster has any idea what it is like to really not know where your next meal is coming from. In my line of work I see it all the time. Even in the great USofA their are millions of people living day-to-day and they are all rich compared to people in some parts of the world. I guess it is all relative. I don't wish poverty on anyone but a chance to really see it first hand would open some eyes for sure.

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Disagree +2Reply

I guess it depends on your definition of poor.

Do you know the experiences of every single person on this site OP?

I've lived a fortunate middle class lifestyle for all my sixteen years, but my dad grew up dirt poor. His huge family inhabited in a tiny shack with no bathrooms and lived on a few dollars a month. I would not be here today if my dad weren't so smart and finished first in his class with a full scholarship to Dhaka University. Anyway, back to the post: I've visited his family and seen how he lived in the 60s and 70s. Sure I don't know completely what it was like but I can understand how it must've been.