lt2010s avatar Brands & Products
2 18
@1922526

The Bells of Notre Dame is one of the best Disney songs ever.

EmptyMelodiess avatar EmptyMelodies I LOVE THEM ALL! +3Reply
@1922526

Hellfire has got to be one of my favorite Disney songs.

It's got to be one of the most "adult" songs in any of the Disney movies as well. Love it.

HOW IS 101 DALMATIANS NOT EVEN AN OPTION?
That movie was so influential, you must not even understand.
For starters, it was one of the first contemporary animated Disney movies. It takes place the time it was made (1961). The culture of the time is evident tin various ways throughout the movie, from the artwork to how the characters spoke and what they wore, and yes, the music. Think about it . All other animated Disney movies were "Once Upon a Time in a Far Away Land..." Even Lady and the Tramp took place 50 years into the past. I guess Bambi was the first animated feature to take place at the time it was made, but you can't tell, with the setting being a forest and all...
Anyways, 101 Dalmatians was basically the fist contemporary animated movie Disney put out. That's why Walt Disney himself hated it. You see, at the time he was working on his theme parks, and wasn't as involved in the movies. He put another guy in charge of 101, and then blamed him when the movie didn't turn out according to his plans.
Even though Walt hated it, there were kids across the country that saw the movie, fell in love with it so much that they decided to work for Disney when they grew up. And those kids turned out to be the people who gave us movies like Oliver and Company, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, and others. It's kind of funny to think about it. If we didn't have the one movie that Disney hated, we wouldn't have some of the movies we love today. If we didn't have a movie that wasn't sucessful in Walt's eyes, the Disney Company wouldn't have had produced the greatest animated feautures of all time, like The Lion King or Aladdin.

And yeah, the soundtrack's pretty great, too. Look it up on iTunes. It's seriously fantastic.

It was a tie between the Little Mermaid and Mulan for me, but since The Little Mermaid is my favorite (I used to hide a fork in the bathroom so I could brush my hair with it) I went with that.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter The Little Mermaid +1Reply

HAKUNA MATATA !

Bambi has some amazing art work and being that it was made when everything was hand drawn gives it more credit.

I think the only Disney soundtrack we actually own is Tarzan because it's my mom's favorite Disney soundtrack. It's a great soundtrack and I think Phil Collins did a really good job.

macandcheesemunchers avatar macandcheesemuncher I LOVE THEM ALL! 0Reply

I'm surprised not a lot of people chose Sleeping Beauty. It's a beautiful movie all around. The soundtrack is based off of the ballet. It was supposed to be another 50s broadway cheesey musical, but Walt said he wanted the music to reflect the setting of the story rather than the time period it was created. It is one of the few soundtracks where you can actually see what is happening just by listening to the music, if you know what I mean. Also, Mary Costa's voice is incredible. She has the best voice out of any of the princesses.

Pretty much.

Sofias avatar Sofia I LOVE THEM ALL! 0Reply