+4

"YOLO isn't an excuse to be a slut." Yes, it is. Amirite?

Image for post "YOLO isn't an excuse to be a slut." Yes, it is. Amirite?
Frank_n_Furters avatar
0 7
The voters have decided that Frank_n_Furter is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I think of YOLO as something similar to living in the present. Enjoying each day. Carpe Diem type stuff.

If that means sex, so be it, but 'slut' is such a loaded term. How about 'uninhibited' or even 'promiscuous'.

PhilboydStudges avatar PhilboydStudge Yeah You Are +6Reply
@PhilboydStudge I think of YOLO as something similar to living in the present. Enjoying each day. Carpe Diem type stuff. If...

It can be a loaded term, but to me it just means some one who has sex with a lot of people, maybe more than just one person at a time too, it doesn't really have a negative connotation to me unless that person is irresponsible about it or lies to their partners or whatever. If sex is what's fun to you, then you're doing the point of YOLO right. My main point of this post wasn't really about YOLO though or that it's an excuse to sleep around, more just these kinds of pictures were stupid because 1) slut shaming and 2) if you like to watch TV and sleep all day and that's what you enjoy life, no one has the right to tell you you're not spending your time well. I was originally going to say "these kinds of pictures are stupid, amirite?" but went with this instead.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are 0Reply

Why would people need an excuse anyway? >.> I like sex and I have it with who I want (and who wants it with me) and that's OK since I'm honest about my intentions, don't lead people on, and I'm safe about it.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Frank_n_Furter Why would people need an excuse anyway? >.> I like sex and I have it with who I want (and who wants it with me) and...

I feel like that's saying.

Why do I need an excuse anyway, I'm black and I enjoy it. Everyone can call me a nigger!

I would rather not be addressed that way.

@Skr3wBall I feel like that's saying. Why do I need an excuse anyway, I'm black and I enjoy it. Everyone can call me a...

If you don't want to be addressed that way, people should respect that and not call you that. That's missing the point though. If someone means nigger as black and not as derogatory, you have every right to tell them you don't care if they didn't mean it that way and you have every right to be offended, but you should still understand the point is they were addressing the fact you are black. Same as if they said nigga to mean friend or homie. In the same way that if you don't want to be called a slut but you enjoy being one and fit the meaning of the word, you have every right to tell people not to call you slut but you should still understand that when people do call you that and don't mean it in a hurtful way, they're addressing the fact you have sex with many people. Sides that, the picture I found on Facebook uses the word slut, I don't really know how to edit it out even if I wanted to. And it's not really like your example at all, you don't chose to be black, people chose to have sex (in most cases) The only reason you're black is because your parents are, whatever reason you chose to have sex is basically up to you and no one can tell you your excuse (I prefer to say reason though, but since the picture says excuse, let's just go with that) is not an excuse. The point is, you can't just tell someone having sex with a lot of people or being promiscuous or however the hell you want to put it isn't a good thing to do with their life if that's what they want to do. I personally don't mind being called a slut, and I understand when people do mind, but I feel like a lot of people have a knee jerk reaction to the word because it has a negative connotation because having sex with whoever you want still has a negative connotation.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are +1Reply

It all depends on one's interpretation of the word 'slut'. I don't understand why people choose to sleep around, but that's their choice and who am I to judge? However, some people feel the need to broadcast their sex life to anyone with ears. News flash, no one (should) care what you do in the bedroom. If you keep it to yourself, then it never becomes my business.

Aubss avatar Aubs No Way +1Reply

Universally, the term is whatever the individual perceives it as. And it's often used as such, so that's part of what the phrase is. It's not a good excuse, but since that's how some people chose to use it, it is.