VicZincs avatar People & Celebrities
3 14

Dude is the most awesome just because he looks the part.

PhilboydStudges avatar PhilboydStudge Grigori Perelman, solved the Poincaré... +3Reply

I love genetics. It's great how Watson and Crick stole Franklin's work to figure out DNA structure. biggrin smilie

I hate how she didn't get any credit during her life, but now she is recognized in the scientific community and serves as a role model for the rest of us women interested in science.

Altoid_Freak_250s avatar Altoid_Freak_250 James Watson, credited with figuring out how... +2Reply

I dunno, but defiantly not Stephen Hawking. He's kind of a joke in the physics community. I say either Tim Berners-Lee or James Watson probably.

@Frank_n_Furter I dunno, but defiantly not Stephen Hawking. He's kind of a joke in the physics community. I say either Tim...

His ideas, while iffy, have brought tons of intrigue to the scientific realm, where interest had been absent before, and he is undoubtedly a genius. whether he is the most awesome is debatable.

Qeezs avatar Qeez James Watson, credited with figuring out how... 0Reply
@Qeez His ideas, while iffy, have brought tons of intrigue to the scientific realm, where interest had been absent...

Genius oh yes. And yes to the bringing intrigue where interest was previously absent, even if only because they were so wild. But he isn't taken very seriously in the physics world, most physicist don't even have him in their top 20 most influential physicist and he's basically discredited himself with a few of his theories, the most recent being the one about God.

@Frank_n_Furter Genius oh yes. And yes to the bringing intrigue where interest was previously absent, even if only because they...

You'd think given the physics communities history with geniuses they'd be a bit more accepting. I mean Galileo, Newton, Einstein, or simply every physicist ever that is worth noting has at some point been dismissed by the scientific community. But NOOOOO, they are one of the cliquiest groups around. I'm not saying they should readily accept his ideas, but i feel like history would suggest a bit more leniency. That being said he probably doesn't make my top twenty either. You know what, let it be known that theoretical and quantum physicists are one of the most paranoid and distrusting group of colleagues around. They always talk as though someone is nearby trying to steal there ideas.

Anyhow, Einstein is my number one, yet the physics community is hell bent on disproving his theory of relativity.

@1923913

lol, I like how thats just a fancy way of saying "he created the simpsons, and people liked it a lot."

@1923964

true, true, he does deserve some credit, and i think people would be less likely to credit him if they thought he was just a writer/producer on t.v.

Michio Kaku should be on this list.

Definitely Erik von Daniken, the creator of the ancient astronaut theory. It has always been a debate between Christianity's creation theory and Darwin's evolution theory. But now Daniken has given us one that is far more logical than the other two!

@hunny_bunny Definitely Erik von Daniken, the creator of the ancient astronaut theory. It has always been a debate between...

Yes, but it still comes down to who "created" the astronauts? Love the theory but it does not solve the bigger question.